Club plate change trial

Club Runs, meetings and other news for fans of FBs & EKs in N.S.W.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky, NSW Mod

Mick
State: NSW

Re: Club plate change trial

Post by Mick »

Trev wrote:You nsw folk are brain washed into paying for these checks once a year and you like it! [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND COLD SWEAT]
we might have that but then when it comes to buying or selling a car we don't have to put up with what you'se must think is a pleasure of being bent over and rrrs raped to get the vehicle inspected :wink: :lol:
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Dr Terry

Post by Dr Terry »

Cal wrote:
iso007 wrote:Yes the oil use is acceptable to them so they don't have to field Warranty claims from disillusioned customers.
If we were in Vic, I am sure you wouldn't go to a Mechanic and get him to do a yearly safety check on your car.

But the fact I'm forced to take it for a yearly rego check means I'd have to replace those bald tyres, or fix that dodgy headlight, or whatever. That's the point of it :wink:
I agree with Mick, in NSW we can buy & sell our cars with no problems at any time, without needing a full RWC.

BTW we are talking about a $38 per year inspection, it's not what I call expensive.

Dr Terry
Trev
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by Trev »

Mick wrote:
Trev wrote:You nsw folk are brain washed into paying for these checks once a year and you like it! [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND COLD SWEAT]
we might have that but then when it comes to buying or selling a car we don't have to put up with what you'se must think is a pleasure of being bent over and rrrs raped to get the vehicle inspected :wink: Image
If the car is maintained its no problem, $100 for a rwc, about 3years worth of your inspections, easyImage.
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

In WA there are no inspections ever , the only time they need to be checked is if you get a yellow sticker
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Mick

Post by Mick »

Trev wrote:
Mick wrote:
we might have that but then when it comes to buying or selling a car we don't have to put up with what you'se must think is a pleasure of being bent over and rrrs raped to get the vehicle inspected :wink: Image
If the car is maintained its no problem, $100 for a rwc, about 3years worth of your inspections, easyImage.
proves a point maybe one in a thousand cars you see for sale in VIC or QLD is offered registered and with a roadworthy

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
wot179

Post by wot179 »

And its pretty common knowledge that the only normal people on the East coast live in NSW.

Victorians are all weirdos and Queenslanders are all hillbillies.

New South Welshmen are juuuuuust right. :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elwood: I bet these cops got SCMODS.
Jake: SCMODS?
Elwood: State County Municipal Offender Data System.

W.S.C.C.A.
St Marys chapter.
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

Blacky wrote:In WA there are no inspections ever , the only time they need to be checked is if you get a yellow sticker
Had a mate who used to call the yellow sticker, a ticket to race... :twisted: :twisted: :wtf:
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
WayneXG95

Post by WayneXG95 »

wot179 wrote:And its pretty common knowledge that the only normal people on the East coast live in NSW.

Victorians are all weirdos and Queenslanders are all hillbillies.

New South Welshmen are juuuuuust right. :)

:mrgreen:
Wayne Chambers
President
FB EK Holden Car Club of N.S.W
Craig Allardyce
State: VIC

Post by Craig Allardyce »

Weirdo's?? Am so. :wtf: :tongue: :tongue: :grin: :hehhh" :wtf:
Brian Westlake

Post by Brian Westlake »

I am envious of NSW logbook trail. Some of us have tried for a similar thing but have met with deep resistance from many clubs. We have 15 Klms testing from place of garage but not to be used as a means of transport and the usual Club Runs (which I have no problem with as the Clubs are really what supports the scheme) Fetes, and runs organised by properly incorporated car clubs, but no private use. Many people tell me "You just have to say that you were testing your brakes" or "Just tell them it's a Club Run" but I find that people who wouldnt drive their daily car unregistered in a PINK FIT, are happy to drive all over the place in their Club Registered car under the reasoning that they were just doing this or that, but I dont know how this all would hold up in court after someone was injured or killed. This brings me back to why I'm envious of NSW at the moment and I dont know NSW Minister for Roads, Duncan Gay, but I know I like him a lot! Take this scenario. RustysDungers and Scotty Sputzwagen fly up to Brizzy to see me and we decide to go to Kingaroy Qld to look at a large
stockpile of EJ Holdens that some guy has, then on to Charleville to look at some old Sidevalve Cussos and Jailbar Trucks in a dry creek bed, 30Ks. out of town. What a road trip that would be in my good old Tank Fairlane. But, problem! Tank Fairlane has SIVS (Qld Concessional or Club Rego, But it doesnt really because I HATE it!) What a shame. We better take the VR Commodore wagon. Or we could say it was a Club Run! Do you really think so! I dont. But,if we had a 60 or 90 day Log Book Scheme, this great road trip would be possible and fully legal. Here lies the reason for my envy. The Victorian friends I have discussed this with at Nats and other places, love their scheme and cant believe their GOOD LUCK! So NSW,I say embrace this new trial and get those great cars out of the cobwebs and on the roads for Joe Public to see and enjoy.
TonyTrialTantrum.
Mick

Post by Mick »

once again i'll go off topic :mrgreen: i never want to hear i like duncan gay A LOT again!!! we've had something like 29 more road deaths to this point this year than last yet that knumbskull is trying to tell us the mobile cash cow speed cameras are saving lives??? HHMMM more mobile speed cameras and the death toll has increased that don't add up to a sucsess to me :problem: :problem: :think:

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
iso007

Post by iso007 »

I love to have a beer with Duncan, I love to have a beer with Dunc..
Duncan Gay is our man,
If he can't do it no one can.
Give me a D, give me a U, give me a N, give me....
I love Duncan gay.
iso007

Post by iso007 »

Hey guys, I don't know how to start a new post on this latest tapatalk app so I have to tack on to this one. I am off on a holiday to Italy in a few
Hours. I am told Italy is a wonderful place full of style and artistry so therefore I am looking forward to the streets covered in Fb/Eks. I can't wait to see them all and will send photos of them as soon as I get there.
Signing off for 3 weeks
Ian
Brian Westlake

Post by Brian Westlake »

I'm probably not informed enough about Duncan Gary to have a real opinion of him, because I'm up here in Qld these days but I still like the freedoms that come with a logbook scheme and If he has put this in motion good on him.
Tony.
Mick

Post by Mick »

Brian Westlake wrote:I'm probably not informed enough about Duncan Gary to have a real opinion of him, because I'm up here in Qld these days but I still like the freedoms that come with a logbook scheme and If he has put this in motion good on him.
Tony.
yes i understand just having a whinge :wink: :lol: although there's been a lot of work by many people not in the govt that has made this happen he'll just be the one putting his hand up for the praise :roll: i'll probly use it when i can get in a club that suits me or start our own if we can manage to jump through the hoops :roll: i'm not entirely happy with the plan though when done as days (24 hours) if you only use the car for 3 hours on that day you've lost 19 hours :thumbsdown: and i would like 90 days rather than 60 but this may come in the future IF they decide to keep the system after 2 years

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter