Club plate change trial

Club Runs, meetings and other news for fans of FBs & EKs in N.S.W.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky, NSW Mod

FBeing
State: NOT ENTERED

Club plate change trial

Post by FBeing »

Devilrod
State: VIC

Re: Club plate change trial

Post by Devilrod »

About time. We have a choice of 45 or 90 days for club rego down here. It is a good idea as it really gives you a bit more freedom to actually use your car more.
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
Joe_FBHolden
State: NSW

Post by Joe_FBHolden »

This will no doubt be a topic of discussion at Tuesday's club meeting. I wonder if this will bring a few NSW members out of the woodwork?
WayneXG95

Post by WayneXG95 »

Maybe not, we have no offical documentation from either the RMS or the Council of Motor Clubs as yet.
Wayne Chambers
President
FB EK Holden Car Club of N.S.W
wot179
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by wot179 »

This is copied from a post by Dr Terry on the Torana Forum.

OK guys, a lot of the info on here so far has been hear-say at best. The RMS e-mail in notable for its lack of detail, on purpose, because many details are yet to be ironed out.

I have been in contact with those 'in the know' this morning (Sunday) & the message I am getting is that it may NOT be up & running by Oct 1st, because of the shear amount of work to get it going.

I will be attending the CMC committee meeting this coming Wednesday night & I'm sure a lot more of the blanks will be filled in.

This is an important distinction too, you'll note I said CMC, not ACMC. The CMC is the Council of Motor Clubs NSW, which has around 160 affiliated car clubs. The ACMC on the other hand is an umbrella group bringing together the CMC, Street Rod Federation, Street Machine Assoc. 4WD, Motorcycle Assoc. etc. etc. in other words not member clubs, but member groups. So if your club is a member of the CMC you will hear all the 'correct' details at the CMC general meeting.

It's not the club registrar that will hear about it, it should be your CMC delegate. If your car club is not a CMC member, but is an RMS registered club, the RMS will eventually notify all such clubs with the necessary info. If you are not the member of a car club, or if you are, but your club is not RMS recognised, then you will need to go thru the steps to 'make it so'.

Another point, is that many people think that it's the old 'fuddy duddy' types in the stock car clubs which have held all of this up. They couldn't be further from the point, it is us old 'fuddy duddy' types, that created the ACMC & approached the RMS to make all of this happen.

Dr Terry.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elwood: I bet these cops got SCMODS.
Jake: SCMODS?
Elwood: State County Municipal Offender Data System.

W.S.C.C.A.
St Marys chapter.
WayneXG95

Post by WayneXG95 »

As I said, thanks graig.
Wayne Chambers
President
WayneXG95

Post by WayneXG95 »

For those of you interested in the New Club Plate Scheme we have no offical documentation from either the RMS or the Council of Motor Clubs as yet.
It also looks like it will be late due to the amount of work involved in compliance.
You will read more about it as the information comes to hand.
I have been on the phone all morning with no response from the RMS and their webite hasen't been updated.
So, we know nothing, sorry.
Wayne Chambers
President
WayneXG95

Post by WayneXG95 »

Historic Vehicle Log Book Trial

The Minister for Roads, Maritime and Freight, Duncan Gay, has asked Transport for NSW and Roads and Maritime Services to develop a Historic Vehicle Log Book Trial.

The Log Book Trial will allow all operators of existing vehicles within the Historic Vehicle Scheme to opt-in. These vehicles may then be used for 60 days of general use (i.e. club events, maintenance and personal use) each year. Each day’s use must be recorded in a Log Book.

New entrants to the Historic Vehicle Scheme after the trial commences may apply for inclusion in the Log Book Trial, subject to the existing historic vehicle and registered operator eligibility criteria.

The trial will operate for two years, with an evaluation to be completed during this period as part of the Roads and Maritime Services review of the overall Conditional Registration Scheme.

The Historic Vehicle Log Book Trial will commence on 1 October 2015. Details on how to opt in to the trial will be updated on this page from this date.

Customers interested in the trial should email

Historic.vehicle.logbook.trial@rms.nsw.gov.au
Wayne Chambers
President
parisian62

Post by parisian62 »

I'm in :thumbsup:
Feelin free in a '61 FB.
Member of FB-EK Holden Car Club Of NSW Inc.
Check out the Rebuild of Old Timer
Dr Terry

Post by Dr Terry »

Hi Guys

We had a meeting last night & here’s what I can tell you. I doubt that anybody is going to be driving on the new rego scheme on 1st Oct. The roll out will be progressive.

The first thing that needs to happen, is the vetting of existing RMS recognised car clubs (those who run H-plates now) so that they can OK cars on the new scheme. It seems that each club, if they wish, will need to apply to be allowed to administer the new system.

Many clubs may not want to go thru the process & some new clubs may be established, but they will be looked at closely.

The easiest cars to put on the system are those legitimately on H-plates currently. So once your club has gone thru the approval process & if your car is currently on H-plates & you want to change to the log-book scheme, then you'll probably be on by Christmas. Unmodified cars with existing full rego will follow.

If the car is modified, then engineering approval (if required) is paramount. It will be self-regulating & this is why it’s called a ‘trial’. Many minor mods will not require engineering. The VSI 6 standards will apply.

On the issue of costs, again they’re not finalised yet, but they hint at a pro-rata rate, so if your current rego figure including CTP is, then divide it by 365 & then multiply by 6, (roughly 1/6 of the total) I believe you could be close. So if your current rego & green slip totals say $900 (a common figure for old cars) then the new scheme should cost around $150.

The big question, when it comes to costs, is insurance. Again, this is a trial & what is learned over the next 2 years will then be adjusted accordingly & put into practice on a permanent basis.

Strangely, number plates are not sorted yet either. No mention was made of any new number plate type (M or S plate or whatever) or it could be that you may be able to use your existing full-rego plate although that seems unlikely according to some. One thing for certain is that rego stickers will be issued, just like H-plated cars. It appears the RMS computer can’t handle concessional rego.

I think the next few months will be interesting to say the least.

Dr Terry
parisian62

Post by parisian62 »

Many thanks for that info Terry :thumbsup: The NSW FB EK Club (via Wayne) has already registered and received the following auto generated email. It gives the impression that RMS is ready to...

"THIS IS A SYSTEM GENERATED EMAIL.
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL.

Dear customer

Thank you for your interest in the Log Book trial announced by the Minister for Roads, Maritime and Freight which will commence on 1 October 2015.

The trial will allow all operators of existing vehicles within the Historic Vehicle Scheme to opt-in. These vehicles may then be used for
60 days of general use (i.e. club events, maintenance and personal use) each year. Each day’s use must be recorded in the Log Book.

Existing operators
To opt in, the registered operator or their representative must attend a registry or service centre with:
- proof of identity such as a NSW driver licence,
- the current Certificate of Conditional Registration (if available),
- the current Certificate of Approved Operations (if available)
- a completed Adjustment of records to have the vehicle’s conditions updated

(http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/documents/abo ... ecords.pdf).

New operators
New entrants to the Historic Vehicle Scheme after the trial commences may apply for inclusion in the Log Book Trial, subject to the existing historic vehicle and registered operator eligibility criteria.

The registered operator must be a member of a Roads and Maritime recognised historic vehicle club (http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/documents/roa ... -clubs.pdf).

To conditionally register a vehicle in the Historic Vehicle Scheme, customers must provide:
- a completed Application for Conditional Registration form
(http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/documents/abo ... al-reg.pdf)
- proof of identity such as a NSW driver licence
- Proof of registration entitlement (eg an original receipt for the vehicle, which clearly shows the buyer’s name, the seller’s name, address and signature, the VIN or Chassis/frame or serial number and the date of acquisition)
- A Historic Vehicle Declaration not greater than 42 days old

(http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/documents/abo ... ration.pdf)
Note: a vehicle safety inspection report must be presented if the club is less than two years old.

Existing and new operators will be issued:
- Certificate of Conditional Registration
- Certificate of Approved Operations, with the updated conditions
- Historic Vehicle Log Book Trial form

Historic vehicles (including trailers) must be 30 years of age or older
as from the year of manufacture.

Historic vehicles must be as close to original condition as possible,
with no alterations except for safety features such as seat belts and
turn indicators or period accessories and options, if desired.

If you have further questions, please contact Roads and Maritime
Services on 13 22 13.

Yours sincerely

Roads and Maritime Services"

it
Feelin free in a '61 FB.
Member of FB-EK Holden Car Club Of NSW Inc.
Check out the Rebuild of Old Timer
WayneXG95

Post by WayneXG95 »

Been on the phone for two days without success, so I guess we wait until the dust settles?
Oh well.. :?
Wayne Chambers
President
Mick

Post by Mick »

what i don't understand is if you currently fit into the historic plate scheme why would you want to change and pay roughly $100 a year more :? a club i've been looking into for club rego i can pretty much drive the car any time i want unless i'm being led astray, i've been told when and where you can drive the car is a club based decission :? :?
so with the new plates you can only drive the car 60 days a year pay $100 (roughly) more to do so and have to make every day you drive the car worthwhile no point going for a 2 hour spin that's one of yor days gone :think:
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Dr Terry

Post by Dr Terry »

Mick wrote:what i don't understand is if you currently fit into the historic plate scheme why would you want to change and pay roughly $100 a year more :? a club i've been looking into for club rego i can pretty much drive the car any time i want unless i'm being led astray, i've been told when and where you can drive the car is a club based decission :? :?
so with the new plates you can only drive the car 60 days a year pay $100 (roughly) more to do so and have to make every day you drive the car worthwhile no point going for a 2 hour spin that's one of yor days gone :think:
The costs of the new scheme are not settled yet. They may be a lot or a lot less than those mentioned to date. So far these are just educated guesses based on rumours from above.

Having said that, I'm agree with you. I have several cars on H-plates & see no reason to go to the log book system, especially if it costs more & you could conceivably be booked for being without rego, if your log book is not up to date. Now that really would blow your yearly motoring budget.

Dr Terry
Dr Terry

Post by Dr Terry »

WayneXG95 wrote:Been on the phone for two days without success, so I guess we wait until the dust settles?
Oh well.. :?

Wayne, be patient. You will probably learn more thru the CMC, make sure your delegate attends the next meeting on Tuesday 20/9/15. I'm sure this topic will be high on the agenda !!

As soon as anything is released, the CMC will probably know about it sooner than most.

Dr Terry