Side Windows for Ute

Includes seating, upholstery, door trims, dashboard and heater.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Kingaz
State: VIC

Side Windows for Ute

Post by Kingaz »

Hey guys does anyone know if any places make replacement side and quarter windows for the ute having trouble locating some good glass unsure if a glass place may be able to help any ideas suggestions appreciated

Adam
FB-EK Holden Car Club of Victoria
NoMAD
State: WA

Post by NoMAD »

i havent got to this stage yet or done it before so somebody shoot me if i'm wrong...

but isn't all this glass flat, you should be able to have some cut to suit, quarters should be easy since they are rectangles...

someone back this up?

cheers
NoMAD
Kingaz

glass

Post by Kingaz »

thats what i was thinking Nomad only have a curve edge glass is flat hopefully someone else can verify this also
Devilrod

Post by Devilrod »

You'd need a template, but getting some made would be easy as its flat. Just make sure it has the safety stamp on it.
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
Kingaz

glass

Post by Kingaz »

True devil rod i could just take the originals in and they could use them as templates
Devilrod

Post by Devilrod »

Any glass place could probably do it too, not just auto after all it is only safety glass.
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
dave68
State: QLD

Auto glass

Post by dave68 »

Just got back from Ralph Moore auto glass in Mascot in N.S.W. Spoke to Greag and he said he has the templets for standard windows and 1/4 windows as well. I know he is off to do a batch of custom windows in the next few days but I am sure you can get him to make up some standard ones as well. Ph: (02) 9667 1933, speak to Greag he is a font of knowledge and is happy to help. :)
Whatever....:(
Kingaz

glass

Post by Kingaz »

Good work Dave i went to Mr Windscreens in Preston got the guys there to make to new side windows and 2 quarter windows used the old glass as templates, they removed the original glass and placed new glass in quarter window surrounds and placed the side windows back in the metal channel at the bottom of the glass.

All up $330.00 done in 1 day, a price i was prepared to pay mainly for the time factor had to hav it done by the weekend

Thanks again Dave for your help

Cheers

Adam