Improved cooling gaskets - fourth round spares

Nasco extras, mechanical bits and pieces, panels, interiors or whatever.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Forum rules
All items here will be automatically deleted after 6 months since the last post. This will give you ample time to sell your item.
Harv
State: NSW

Improved cooling gaskets - fourth round spares

Post by Harv »

Ladies and Gents,

I’ve now done four separate batches of the improved cooling gaskets. The last three times, I got inundated by people wanting a gasket after orders had closed. I am a sucker for a sob story, so on-sold from my own stash. This time I got clever, and ordered some extras for the latecomers.

• The background and technical testing for the gaskets is here: http://forum.fefcholden.club/index.php?topic=26399.0. Subsequent road testing of the gaskets has shown that they work as per the testing.
• If you order one of these gaskets, there is no warranty at all – non from the supplier (Gasket Solutions), and none from me. You take your own risk that the gasket does not fail and/or lead to other damage.
• Your gasket(s) come sealed in plastic, packed between two pieces of 7mm ply, and wrapped fully in packing tape. I include a copy of the NASCO instruction sheet and a warning sheet (so you don’t put them in upside down Miss Jane).
• The cost breakdown of the gaskets is as below:
Supply of a gasket to me: $137.50
Plywood packaging to send it to you: $5.50
Postage to you: $25.00 (I know postage will vary but I don’t have the patience to bill everyone individually based on location).
Harv profit: Nil
Cost of a gasket to you: $168.00
• I’m happy to combine postage if you want more than one gasket, or band together as a club. I’m also happy for you to pick them up from me in Western Sydney without postage. So:
If you want to pick gaskets up from me, they will cost you $137.50 each, regardless of how many you want.
If you want me to mail you one gasket, it will cost you $168.00.
If you want me to mail you two gaskets, it will cost you $305.50
If you want me to mail you three gaskets, it will cost you $443
If you want me to mail you four gaskets, it will cost you $580.5
If you want me to mail you five gaskets, it will cost you $718
If you want me to mail you six gaskets, it will cost you $855.50
• I’ll run out the spare gaskets by helping the stragglers, and then will have no gaskets for a while. I’ll wait until there is enough noise, and then get another batch done. I do this to help people out, and have plenty of other stuff of my own I should be doing… it could take me a year to get another batch done once the leftovers are finished.
• If you want one or more gaskets, please PM a name and address to send it (them) to, and will send you payment details.

Cheers,
Harv (deputy apprentice gasket scraper).
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Errol62
State: SA

Re: Improved cooling gaskets - fourth round spares

Post by Errol62 »

You are a true gentleman mate.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Blacky
State: WA

Re: Improved cooling gaskets - fourth round spares

Post by Blacky »

Errol62 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 12:18 pm You are a true gentleman mate.

X2 - there's not many of us left !!! :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.