Diff / Stud Pattern Problem

Includes clutch, transmission, propeller shaft,
universal joints, differential and rear axle.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Davet
State: NOT ENTERED

Diff / Stud Pattern Problem

Post by Davet »

Hi, I'm new to the forum, however ive been reading it thoroughly for a few weeks now sucking in information so as to work on my FB/EK Ute not sure which it is cause the front right section in the engine bay says FB#### and on the plate it says EK. anyway my problem is, i currently am setting up the new front end to go in, its a HR Cross-member, with HQ stub axle, rotors and i was looking for some girlock alloy calipers as the HQ ones hit the upper wishbone on full lock.

I like the idea of using the larger brakes but the hassle seems to be what to do to get HQ stud pattern on the rear. i read lots of info in the forums on the net but i seem to just get more confused, i want to put deep dish wheels on the ute, my father in law has a EJ ute and he kept HR on front and got a torana diff for the rear to get extra clearance for wider rear tyres. i am thinking of going that route as well because the HQ stuff seems to be over my head, but im having trouble getting some HR disc stub axles. ive found some on ebay but nobody ever wants to post anything they always say pickup only and when i contact them saying ill arrange transport they just say no pickup only.

I want to a holden spare parts place and they said that i could maybe get some HQ rear axles and shorten them to fit the FB-EK diff. I apologise if i seem a bit dumb but this is my first ever attempt at building a vehicle, body work wise im doing great, but mechanically the only stuff Ive really dealt with is repairing stuff, not modifying. I was looking at those kit things from hoppers and stuff as a lot of people recommended them that i saw however i have a seriously tight budget and i have to try and make do with the best i can get without buying new. of course stuff like bushes and bearings i have to break the bank for, but stuff like doing a rack and pinion conversion and that i have to figure a way to do it without buying pre-made kits.

I have a lot of parts that i probably dont need but ill sort them out later when i get further along. ill post some pics and stuff soon. atm they are all on facebook