Entry

Post dates and info on upcoming events, or pictures from events that have been on...

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Tuffer
State: NOT ENTERED

Entry

Post by Tuffer »

I sent my entry off weeks ago and still havnt heard anything back,
And payment hasnt been taken from my account either?
Drive It Like You Stole It
Trev

Post by Trev »

WE HAVE STOPED TAKING ENTRYS NOW, YOUR REPLY SHOULD BE IN THE MAIL. HOLD UP IS DUE TO A LAST MIUTE RUSH OF ENTRYS TO BE PROCESSED.
jimiemick

Post by jimiemick »

Im not sure if the person i gave my form to send off sent it off or not, It was sent 1 week before Closing, I looked at my visa bill and the entry money hasnt been taken out ( i hope it made it there ) as my car is booked in to get some last min body work done this week, and if im not entered i wont worry about paying TOP dollar to get it done at such short notice

can i just call the info line and find out ?
Tuffer

Post by Tuffer »

what happens if it rains on the day ?is it just cancelled or postponed
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

Tuffer wrote:what happens if it rains on the day ?is it just cancelled or postponed
You get wet! :roll:

It is after all an outdoor show, I think the last time I entered when I had my FC it pissed down all morning, then cleared up in the arvo, lucky the bar was open (this was when it was held at Frankston footy oval)....
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
reidy

Victorian All Holden Day

Post by reidy »

If you have any queries about conformation of entries, please call 9890-0524.
As Devilrod said, if it rains on the day "you get wet" that's if you stand out in it. In the history of the VAHD, not once has it ever been cancelled or postponed. The show goes on.
Regards Reidy 8)
Tuffer

Post by Tuffer »

seriously thou its a car show, hence show cars are entered
and i sure as hell wouldnt bring my car down if its raining!
Devilrod

Post by Devilrod »

Tuffer wrote:seriously thou its a car show, hence show cars are entered
and i sure as hell wouldnt bring my car down if its raining!
Its only water!! I've seen 800 cars at an outdoor event even with rain, including some seriously big doillar cars left in the rain topless!!! I own and have owned "show cars" my current one being a roadtser (Fenderless, soft top, Hot rod), believe me if any car should not be left parked in the rain this is it. But it does not stop me if I have already entered the show. I have left it on display for 6 hours at an outdoor event in constant rain, the car dries out eventually.... :roll:

These guys need our support, whether it rains or not, they have put alot into this and can you image if everyone decided to not bring their car because of some rain?

No show......

Tuffer if you don't mind me asking what is your car? Has it been featured in any mags or is it freshly finished (if so I can maybe then understand the slight reluctance to bring it out in the rain)??? Just so you know, I'm not trying to be a smart arse, just curious as to why, having spent all of my driving years entering shows and being associated with clubs and running shows, I can see both sides just never understood why people will avoid rain yet enter burnout comps, go to whoa, or thrash the absolute pants off their car????!!!!!
Tuffer

Post by Tuffer »

Its different strokes for different folks i guess

Its a bastard for those who are entering there car to be judged, u drive in the rain, your car gets road grit n dirt and then theres no where to wash it, so u get by with the good old chamois and then all the fine detail u go to polishing and cleaning your bay, suspension, undercarrage, all to enter a show dirty? many would be against this!

I have many cars, all have been shown, featured many times in various magazines, club events and so on. But my original question was to simply ask weather it still goes on or if it was posponed

A little rain doesnt hurt any1, but i sure as hell wouldnt go to a car show thats outdoor knowing its raining, either entered or as a spectator, yes its only water, but what about all the electrics? sound system? it just doesnt make sence to me that some1 would leave there car unnatended in the rain!
Devilrod

Post by Devilrod »

Tuffer wrote:Its different strokes for different folks i guess

Its a bastard for those who are entering there car to be judged, u drive in the rain, your car gets road grit n dirt and then theres no where to wash it, so u get by with the good old chamois and then all the fine detail u go to polishing and cleaning your bay, suspension, undercarrage, all to enter a show dirty? many would be against this!!
I think you will find with the judges that allowances are made for this. Ask them either before or after, I know they use to run Judging Workshops and if you were serious about winning it was a good way to learn what they look for. People don't realize that things like stone chips don't actually cause a loss of points...
Tuffer wrote:I have many cars, all have been shown, featured many times in various magazines, club events and so on. But my original question was to simply ask weather it still goes on or if it was posponed
I was just curious and as you asked, to me it sounded like you hadn't been to that many outdoor shows. I have never seen an outdoor show cancelled due to rain. I've seen entrant and spectator numbers drop though because of it...
Tuffer wrote:A little rain doesnt hurt any1, but i sure as hell wouldnt go to a car show thats outdoor knowing its raining, either entered or as a spectator, yes its only water, but what about all the electrics? sound system? it just doesnt make sence to me that some1 would leave there car unnatended in the rain!
I guess it depends on the car alot too, I suffered damage to an amp because I left my car in the rain, but it would not make any difference if I had of been caught in the rain driving (since moved), my boot does not seal, never will. But I guess owning a 70+ year old car, its always going to leak. Never had a problem with my other cars, when it comes to judging you leave the car unlocked and the boot and bonnet ajar allowing the judges access and alls fine. :D

Anyone putting on an outdoor show takes a big risk weather wise but thems the breaks... I'm still trying to get out of the plans the missus has made so I can get down there, seeing as my EK aint finished....