Ute cargo floor drain tubes

Includes sheet metal, rubbers, bumpers, badges and rust repairs.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Errol62
State: SA

Ute cargo floor drain tubes

Post by Errol62 »

Knowledge of this topic seems to be limited based on recent conversation with local ute owners and a search of the forum.

Just behind the cockpit wall on either side is a floor drain, consisting of steel tube in the floor with rubber pipe venting vertically to a hole in the floor proper. ImageOn my ute one did was missing and the other is completely blocked, as well as having gonbrittle and cracked. ImageShould be an easy fix. ImageMeasured the pipe and floor hole. No sense using metric units here. All that is required is two 1 foot lengths of 1/2” ID and 5/8” OD hose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Harv
State: NSW

Re: Ute cargo floor drain tubes

Post by Harv »

GMH calls these a "tonneau floor drain hose". Listed in the MasterParts manual for EJ onwards at section 10.997, nothing for FX-EK (probably listed in the earlier parts manuals). Not included in the Rares rubber kits.

Both were in place, but blocked, on Grace's ute. Had to wire-rod them out. Rubber was in OK condition - perhaps replaced at some stage previous.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
ardiesse

Post by ardiesse »

Clay,

You'll want a length or two of half-inch heater hose.

Rob
In the Shed

Post by In the Shed »

Thanks for the pics Clay :thumbsup: Might need to get myself a pair of them hoses as my tonneau cover ain't good at keeping the water out. :thumbsdown:

Stephen
A day in the shed beats a day at work!
fraze
State: VIC

Post by fraze »

This is interesting - my FB ute (Late production - body number FB82106-5822-S) does not have these drain tubes, nor has it ever had them!ers, Fraze
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Mine with the drains is a very late Melbourne body FB. Also seen in Stephen’s Adelaide bodied EK ute. Could be that Pagewood didn’t do this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
EK van on rotisserie
Harv

Post by Harv »

Errol62 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:25 am Mine with the drains is a very late Melbourne body FB. Also seen in Stephen’s Adelaide bodied EK ute. Could be that Pagewood didn’t do this?
Grace's ute (EK2106-9112S) is Pagewood assembled, with floor drains.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Photos fraze?

EK van on rotisserie
FJWALLY

Post by FJWALLY »

Mine is late 61 Sydney build and has them
You will find me lost somewhere!
FireKraka
State: WA

Post by FireKraka »

Who knows where or when my ute was made as I never got an ID tag with it however it did have the drains both hoses were broken off and the floor area was rusted out and I had to replace them both sides.

I have deleted the tube and hose altogether as I probably dont intend it to really see much rain I suppose :roll:
Neil
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
fraze

Post by fraze »

Sorry, have not been able to master the photo bit. There are no holes for drain tubes in the upper floor area, nor were there holes in the lower floor area. The lower floors have now been replaced. As a cross check i inspected the underside of the upper floors and there is nothing to suggest that there was ever drain tubes fitted. A mystery!, Cheers, Fraze
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Just had a look at the floor in my van. There are definitely signs that holes in the cargo floor pressing have been somehow filled up. With out looking too hard, on top there seems to be a central hole with three smaller holes around the circumference. Underneath feels like some sort of filler has been pushed through from the top. This leads me to speculate that the holes were part of the original pressing for ute and van in Adelaide at least, where all van bodies were built.

EK van on rotisserie