I'm a happy boy .......

Includes fuel system, cooling system and exhaust.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Blacky
State: WA

I'm a happy boy .......

Post by Blacky »

Went to my mates workshop in Kalgoorlie yesterday and he asked me to have a look at the red motor out of his FC which had been sitting on a pallet for years , and on the same pallet was the original block and crank out of my ute !!!! I thought I had tossed it out years ago ! Looks like it is getting a rebuild and going back in where it belongs :D :D :D hmmm , where do I find me some pop top pistons and a crank support :twisted:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Rusty EK
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: I'm a happy boy .......

Post by Rusty EK »

Bonus 8)

And you better start a build page on the engine , I will follow closely as I want to start rebuilding a grey for my sedan shortly :-)
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

Winner winner chicken dinner!
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
Craig Allardyce

Post by Craig Allardyce »

Time to put in a lotto ticket Blacky you lucky b...... :thumbsup:
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Picked it up yesterday , unfortunately the black plastic tub has filled with water over the years it has been outside and most stuff inside has rusted :? but the block and crank appear fine- the main caps are in the tub so I might knock up a molasses mix and see how they come up.

There is a place in Melbourne that sell pistons , I will ring them tomorrow and see what is available, the block has a bit of a ridge in it so it will need to go to at least +.020
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

FJWALLY

Post by FJWALLY »

Auto-surplus in Mitcham is also a good place to look for oversize pistons Blacky - they still supply a lot of the engine re-builders.
They say they have them that can bring the capacity up to about 142 but imagine there are probably a few aftermarket like JP that make them these days.
You will find me lost somewhere!
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Standard pistons are easy enough to find , but I am chasing a set of pop tops