Sideplate

If it doesn't fit below then post here and see if another FB EK fanatic can help you out.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Gossy
State: NSW

Sideplate

Post by Gossy »

Hi All,

Having trouble getting my sideplate off on the drivers side to have a look at the welch plugs.

All screws and bolts are out. plugs out.

Seems to be some heavy duty sealant in there with the gasket.

Any tips on removing the Sideplate?

Cheers
BG
Attachments
IMG_Sideplate_600.jpg
IMG_Sideplate_600.jpg (237.48 KiB) Viewed 980 times
Craig Allardyce
State: VIC

Re: Sideplate

Post by Craig Allardyce »

Go gently around the side plate with something like a paint scraper. Tap it down between the side plate and head/block, lever it back just enough the break the gasket joint. Do this as much as you can around the full perimeter of the side plate. Resist getting between the two with a big lever and just going for it at one spot.....you'll end up twisting the side plate and you'll never get it to reseal after that. Don't forget to remove the breather tube first as well.
Trev
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by Trev »

It's been a long time but I thought the spark plugs need to be removed aswell????
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
Craig Allardyce
State: VIC

Post by Craig Allardyce »

Picture is deceiving Trev. It reads that he has the plugs out though.
Gossy
State: NSW

Post by Gossy »

Thanks Mate,
Great advice.

Yep, the plugs and dizzy are removed now. The pic was a step previous. Taking photos along the process so I can put it all back together again.
Was hoping not to have to undo the fuel pump to get in there, but that might have to go too.
The breather is a bit tight, should it pull down from its bracket? or will a bit of WD-40 do to loosen?
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

There is a little tag that bolts to one of the sump bolts, have you taken that bolt out ?? That's about all that holds them in.
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.