Cam's FB Sedan

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

camstuart52
State: TAS

Cam's FB Sedan

Post by camstuart52 »

Well after a long time away (6-7 years) Marriage and Kids I now have a new project.....I'm very excited by this.

The plan for the project at this stage is to keep it standard and to get it back on the road and registered. Its not that far away really....probably looks worse than it is more basic stuff and 99% of the car is there. JUst little things like a horn, new belts and some worn rubbers.....

I'm going to rebuild all the brakes etc. The owner before me has put an HQ master cylinder on it and i don't know if this is a good thing or not so any help on that would be appreciated. That aside it runs and drives quite well.

It will be a stock 138 and 3 speed manual on the tree at this stage but may head to twin down draughts......it really is just going to be set up to cruise with the family, i know its not a power demon and never will be so as long as its safe for the kids i'll be happy. Paint wise i'm going to just drive it around ratty for a while and tidy up the interior etc and work my way out. Its very straight and has next to no rust which are positives. Once i do get around to the respray the original colours will be kept.

The only thing I would like to do is drop it slightly and maybe put some 14/15 inch rims with white walls on it.

Anyways I hope you like the pics......as you can see theres a bit to do but I hope to have it registered by Christmas....the wiring is the main issue here.

Any help, tips or tricks always appreciated and I look forward to hearing your thoughts

Cheers Cam
parisian62
State: NSW

Re: Cam's FB Sedan

Post by parisian62 »

Welcome aboard Cam. That's a sound plan :thumbsup: Get it back on the road and enjoy it.
the wiring is the main issue here
What's the problem?

Stewart
Feelin free in a '61 FB.
Member of FB-EK Holden Car Club Of NSW Inc.
Check out the Rebuild of Old Timer
camstuart52

Post by camstuart52 »

parisian62 wrote:Welcome aboard Cam. That's a sound plan :thumbsup: Get it back on the road and enjoy it.
the wiring is the main issue here
What's the problem?

Stewart

Nothing works hahaha.....but thats ok as a mate of mine is very handy with auto wiring and is keen to help me. Would it be worth upgrading the generator to an alternator whilst doing this?
Trev
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by Trev »

I do like the natural patina.
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
Harv

Post by Harv »

camstuart52 wrote:Nothing works hahaha.....but thats ok as a mate of mine is very handy with auto wiring and is keen to help me. Would it be worth upgrading the generator to an alternator whilst doing this?
Nope - if the generator is running OK, little benefit in changing it.

Eye spy with my little eye windscreen washers, heater hoses and gauges in the dashboard.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
camstuart52

Post by camstuart52 »

Harv wrote:
camstuart52 wrote:Nothing works hahaha.....but thats ok as a mate of mine is very handy with auto wiring and is keen to help me. Would it be worth upgrading the generator to an alternator whilst doing this?
Nope - if the generator is running OK, little benefit in changing it.

Eye spy with my little eye windscreen washers, heater hoses and gauges in the dashboard.

Cheers,
Harv

Yeah Trev I do to and that's why I'm not fussed on paint so much cause I do to....going to match some repair sections into it.

I wasn't sure regarding the Generator so I'll test it before that decisions made.

Pardon my ignorance but is the windscreen washer, heather hoses ( which are unattached so have to sort) a big deal? The gauges are after market
Harv

Post by Harv »

camstuart52 wrote:Pardon my ignorance but is the windscreen washer, heather hoses ( which are unattached so have to sort) a big deal? The gauges are after market
Not so much a big deal, but windscreen washers and heaters were both period accessories. Both pretty handy to have, especially if it is more a daily driver than a show pony.

The washer bottle looks to be a late model one. If the heater hoses are not attached to the heater, then disconnect them at engine and get rid of them. Rare Spares sell the blanking plug to blank off the firewall.

The gauges are not so unusual, just in an spot that is not normally used on FB/EKs. If they are period gauges, they can look cool in themselves.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
camstuart52

Post by camstuart52 »

Ahhh ok....well it will be handy especially for the family and keeping the wife warm. The hoses are actually connected under the dash but not in the engine bay, like wise with the washer bottle so I'd like to get these back operational.

The gushes aren't where I would put them as I wouldn't chop the dash but since they are there it's not a bad spot. May buy some more period looking ones down the track.

Just got to get hold of these little bits and pieces
WayneXG95

Post by WayneXG95 »

Ahhh another member for the Tasmaina FB EK Car Club.. :clap:
Wayne Chambers
President
FB EK Holden Car Club of N.S.W
camstuart52

Post by camstuart52 »

SunnyTim wrote:Nice, I recently had one the same colour which is now in Melbourne 8)

Can some assist me on what the original colours are on my ugly duckling please?
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

post a pic of the ID plate just under your regulator and we can tell from that.
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
camstuart52

Post by camstuart52 »

I'll get a pic tomorrow Blacky

Also did you receive my PM mate?
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

sure did :wink:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
In the Shed
State: SA

Post by In the Shed »

Hey Cam,
Looks like you have a good one there. A bit of upholstery cleaner (soap and warm water) will have that vinyl looking nice. A bit of stitching will make a big difference.
Good luck and hope it gets out on the road soon.

Regards
Stephen
A day in the shed beats a day at work!
camstuart52

Post by camstuart52 »

Thanks for th comment

Yeah there is some cleaning to do.

As promised here is the ID plate and number stamped into the inner guard

Any help turning deciding these numbers that would be great

Cheers