trans tunnel option

Includes sheet metal, rubbers, bumpers, badges and rust repairs.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

EKDV8
State: NOT ENTERED

trans tunnel option

Post by EKDV8 »

hi! all I spotted this fb ute getting some rust work done at a mates workshop and noticed this neat trans tunnel upgrade using a hq holden tunnel . :idea:
foundation member #12 fb/ek holden club of WA
bootlegger

Re: trans tunnel option

Post by bootlegger »

I didnt even think of that. I just finshed making one from scratch. The Waddington one supplied didnt even come close to fit the gearbox crossmember made to fit the gearbox in this ek wagon im doing.
Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

bootlegger wrote: The Waddington one supplied didnt even come close to fit the gearbox crossmember made to fit the gearbox in this ek wagon im doing.
the standard crossmember? it's not sposed to you allways have to fabricate one look at my 2 door thread and craigs ute thread it shows the process of making one
thing is engineers i've dealt with probly wouldn't be happy with the one above looks good but doesn't line up with the original therefore it's a blank space still
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

Mick wrote:
bootlegger wrote: The Waddington one supplied didnt even come close to fit the gearbox crossmember made to fit the gearbox in this ek wagon im doing.
the standard crossmember? it's not sposed to you allways have to fabricate one look at my 2 door thread and craigs ute thread it shows the process of making one
thing is engineers i've dealt with probly wouldn't be happy with the one above looks good but doesn't line up with the original therefore it's a blank space still

We did similar with mine too, dabbed up one to pick up the original points.
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
bootlegger

Post by bootlegger »

The trans cross member had already been made up so I worked around what was already there. It came out pretty good in the end. I just have to grind it all up and get the underside ready for paint. I've got a couple more patches to weld in the floor still.
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

The beauty of the Waddingtons one is the standard auto carpet kit will fit (with a bit of tweaking ) but good idea to file away in the memory banks for if you are going LS2 and 6 speed for example :twisted:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.