Best Underbody Protection

Includes sheet metal, rubbers, bumpers, badges and rust repairs.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

EffBee
State: WA

Best Underbody Protection

Post by EffBee »

Hey All,

Getting close to to putting some under body protection on the FB, so was interested to get some feedback as to the best product out their. I'm not concerned about how it looks, I'm more about longevity, I would like the car to last another 50 or 60 years.

I have seen quite a few different products used from just normal primer and paint to 2 pac, POR 15 etc. I mate of mine is doing a full frame off restoration on an original 1974 Sandman Panelvan and his spray painter has highly recommended a product called Upol Raptor, it's a 2 pac polyurethane product from the States that they use for ute bed lining, similar to Linex, from all reports this s*#t is bullet proof.

Click on the link below to check out the Upol product in use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKzhSHpebos

Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on preferences and especially if anyone has used the above product

Cheers

Greg
bootlegger
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: Best Underbody Protection

Post by bootlegger »

The cars came from factory with rust. They almost had no paint on the tops of the floors. They pet deadener over the top and the cars leaked water. All these things caused the floors to rust out.
Ant descent paint will do now. Your car will be garaged and babied for the rest of its life.
EffBee

Post by EffBee »

Cheers, you do have a good point, it's really only going to be a weekend cruiser and as you say will garaged and looked after very well. Paint and some deadener will probably do the job.
RollinLow

Post by RollinLow »

I will be doing my underneath and inside of the wheel archs in this https://www.duplicolor.com/products/bedArmor/
I have used it a couple of times now with great results.
EffBee

Post by EffBee »

I did look at that product RL, as well as monsterliner. They are all DIY and all look pretty easy to apply, I also believe they are all tintable if you wanted some colour
RollinLow

Post by RollinLow »

A mate of mine had his ute tray and under carriage done professionally and it cost about 2k and the overall finish was about the same as bed amour. A 4l kit cost about $150 and its enough to do the whole floor. It comes out black so it would be hard to tint but I have painted over it with body colour before with great success.