Blown grey motor

Includes fuel system, cooling system and exhaust.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Blacky
State: WA

Blown grey motor

Post by Blacky »

Stole this from another site -
Back in the early 60's I put a GMC 2/71 diesel blower onto a grey motor in an FC. It also had the best Waggott head, steel bearing caps, overbored, Myers headers, a Moss box from a 3.8 MK.2 Jag with 28% Laycock overdrive, Heasman suspension and lots more. When I sold the car in '65 I took the blower off . It laid around for about 47 years until my brother asked if I wanted to sell it to him. I gave it to him but before I did I stripped it down and checked it all out. He bought a pair of 6PK pulleys and I machined and fitted them when he called down for a week or so plus machining some other bits and pieces. He has finally received his motor from the machine shop and assembled it all. He has just sent me some pics of it which I thought you may be in interested in. Here they are:

When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Blacky

Re: Blown grey motor

Post by Blacky »

When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

dam pics didn't seem to have worked :(
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Harv

Post by Harv »

Stop teasing Blacky.... I needs photos :mrgreen: !

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

That's weird - I can see them ???

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Heres a link to the original thread on the Morry forum -

http://www.ozmorris.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=1553

Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

Blacky wrote:That's weird - I can see them ???
That'd be because you must be a member of the Morris Forum....... So are you outing yourself?
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
Harv

Post by Harv »

That'd be because you must be a member of the Morris Forum....... So are you outing yourself?
Nothing wrong with a bit of BMC :oops: .

A bit offtopic, but there was a cool purple/lilac Morrie at the Day of the Drags this year (Dorris the Morris). Done out as a gasser, looked like a pretty fair roof chop and red motor. Got to about 1/2 track and crapped itself - sadly we got rained out before she ran again.

Photo here from 2013:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/garystanley/8665254272/

Cheers,
Harv (closet Morris appreciator).
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Devilrod wrote:
Blacky wrote:That's weird - I can see them ???
Morrys rock mate - I have 3 of 'em , would like to knock up a Morry gasser one day if I ever can find the time :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
HMMMMMM , the '46 is getting a heart transplant shortly , then I will have a 327 that needs a home, who has a short straight front axle lying around ????? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Mick

Post by Mick »

Harv wrote:
Nothing wrong with a bit of BMC :oops: .

A bit offtopic, but there was a cool purple/lilac Morrie at the Day of the Drags this year (Dorris the Morris). Done out as a gasser, looked like a pretty fair roof chop and red motor. Got to about 1/2 track and crapped itself - sadly we got rained out before she ran again.

Photo here from 2013:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/garystanley/8665254272/

Cheers,
Harv (closet Morris appreciator).
nothing wrong with a BMC if it has a red motor :wink: :twisted: :lol:
the people with the purple morris are friends of mine, don't know what the problem was that time when we went to QLD to 6 bangers it was doing the same thing all good till put it on the track and it would die and tear the keyway out of the rotor button :? finally found the problem when he cut the engine bay for the red motor not enough clearance for the dizzy when engine torqued up the dizzy would hit the firewall push the cap over catch the rotor and bingo :lol:
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Harv

Post by Harv »

the people with the purple morris are friends of mine
Send them my regards - Dorris is a cool car, and my kids still talk about it. 8)

Cheers,
Harv
choppedfan
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by choppedfan »

Hope someone ends up posting a pic of the grey fitted with the GMC 2/71, it's amazing just how talented and inventive some people are. When you consider this engine was put together long before the internet, how many of us use the net as a resource centre for information and online trouble shooting and swapping tech tips :wink:

People seem to be running blowers on just about anything, this little four banger A Model has had some skillful machining work done. Look at the work in this cut down supercharger :? check out the length of the snout :lol:

Mick 8)
Attachments
10155573_1489453481267942_8470812234084403312_n - Copy.jpg
10155573_1489453481267942_8470812234084403312_n - Copy.jpg (89.69 KiB) Viewed 2249 times
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

choppedfan
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by choppedfan »

Thanks Blacky thats one mean grey motor :clap: :clap: :clap:

Still running a genny as well.

Mick 8)
Harv

Post by Harv »

Gotta love backyard engineering... steampunk for real 8) .

Cheers,
Harv