Rare Spares Rubber Kits

If it doesn't fit below then post here and see if another FB EK fanatic can help you out.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

NoMAD
State: WA

Rare Spares Rubber Kits

Post by NoMAD »

All,

if you need a full set of rubbers for the whole car... are Rare Spares Rubber Kits worth it? as in the fitment of the rubbers on the vehicle or are some just complete useless?

basically i need a full set and i can get it for 20% off so figuring if its worth getting

soooo... comments?

Cheers
Nathan
FB/EK Holden Car Club of W.A. Inc
Foundation Member
Harv
State: NSW

Re: Rare Spares Rubber Kits

Post by Harv »

Nathan,

I think the kits are not bad value... though admittedly a considerable outlay. I went with a kit for mine, though:
a) I understand the front windscreen rubber fitment is poor. My Rares store was quite happy to delete this from the kit (and remove the cost), and let me purchase one from Qld (Betta Auto Rubber).
b) I understand the early door seal fitment was poor, but has since been rectified. From memory (Stu, help me here) you need to check that the manufacturing date on the door seals is 2013 or later. Again, my Rares store was quite happy to make this happen.
c) From (admittedly blurry) memory, the kits are missing the drain tubes for the front doors (the little ones that drain from the actual doors, not the plenum). I got these separate (Rares supplied NOS).

My views above on fitment are not based on experience - rather drawing on that of others from this forum who have recently used the kits.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
bumper
State: TAS

Post by bumper »

I used a rares front windscreen rubber on my wagon and have had no drama, trick was to fit it to an old screen and leave in the sun, dont try to pull it straight from the bag and fit it
wanker????
I'd rather consider myself as an "owner operator"!!

FBEKHOLDENFANS page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/253705454864/
Trev
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by Trev »

I have fitted a complete wagon kit and had no probs at all.
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
Bluehaze

Post by Bluehaze »

Same.
Go the kit. I had no dramas with windscreen or rear glass. Provided the rubbers in the doors and boot are fitted right, and you use generous amounts of that rubber magic spray, all should go well.
WayneXG95

Post by WayneXG95 »

Yep, no problem wwith Rares here either but as was said leave the windscreen rubber on and in the sun for a few weeks to form around it.
Wayne Chambers
President
FB EK Holden Car Club of N.S.W
Craig Allardyce
State: VIC

Post by Craig Allardyce »

I used betta for the windscreen rubbers and inner door seals. Betta's dicked me around with the outer door seals as they sent different types in one batch. It wasn't real handy when I discovered the differences after I glued the first one in; that's the second bit of advice. Test all of them before gluing. Apparently they could no longer supply the door seal with the same section across the bottom as the original and came up with a double seal type. It didn't work on mine and no matter how much I tried I could not get it to stick to the scuff plate as there wasn't enough flat surface on the seal to glue to. They also sent one seal that had the corner sections glued in backwards. Anyway it took over 6 months, emails, photo's, and lots of phones calls for them to refund me on the seals. In the end I will never do business with them again. He's a prick.............end of story. Others may have had a better time with him. The windscreen and inner door rubbers were ok but I ended up getting rares outer door seals and they did the trick.
EK JAY

Post by EK JAY »

I pretty much used rare spares rubbers on the red wagon i didn't buy a kit
just brought individual rubbers off ebay when they had sales and or free post
all fitted well and worked out about $150 cheaper then the whole kit but it took
a while to collect all rubbers but I wasn't in a hurry
Jay :smile2:
EK JAY SINCE 1990
NoMAD

Post by NoMAD »

Good to know... i picked up a full rubber kit from rares on the VIP night for about $1350-$1400

so not complaining.... just got to get the car done now to get them on haha

cheers
Nathan
Foundation Member
Les

Post by Les »

If you have any part enquiries or problems that cannot be solved by going to http://www.rarespares.net.au please contact me at lmcveigh@rarespares.net.au
NoMAD

Post by NoMAD »

they will indeed... thanks Les

Cheers
Nathan
Foundation Member
Thommo

Post by Thommo »

Fantastic idea for your site Les, having how to clips, well done :thumbsup:
Les

Post by Les »

Here is the link to all the fitting videos they are not all FB EK but a lot of parts fit in a similar way
http://www.rarespares.net.au/ShedTalk/Default.aspx
Les
If you have any part enquiries or problems that cannot be solved by going to http://www.rarespares.net.au please contact me at lmcveigh@rarespares.net.au