fx fj question

Got something else that you want to show off that's not an FB or EK? Try this section.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

bootlegger
State: NOT ENTERED

fx fj question

Post by bootlegger »

I bought a deceased estate about a year ago. Apart from a fx holden there were a heap of holden parts.
Amongst it all was a leather covered front and back seat which i believed was fx fj.
I sold it on ebay last jan and have just been contact by the buyer saying that the front seat wont fit his ute. My question is is a ute seat different to a sedan as i listed it as a sedan seat and hopeffully he has made the mistake.
He feels its fe fc seats but i didnt think they trimmed them in leather.
Harv
State: NSW

Re: fx fj question

Post by Harv »

Took a look at the MAsterParts manual Dave, but no joy - it shows that FB/EK's has only one front seat, but doesn't list anything for FX/FE's,.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
fxfjholden.com

Post by fxfjholden.com »

The seats are all the same. The only difference between the FX and FJ seat is the FX bolts to the floor where the FJ seat bolts to seat brackets welded to the floor.

An interesting point on ute and van seats is that they were originally only trimmed about a third of the way down at the back, as Holden in their day thought if you cant see it why trim it (and it saved on cost).

Jason
"From FJ to HZ, if you don't drive a HOLDEN you're better off DEAD"
fxfjholden forums - http://forums.fxfjholden.com
bootlegger

Post by bootlegger »

Thanks for that. The guy is still adamant that the seats are wrong and wont fit his car. They are definetly fj so im off the hook. He seems to think he cant swap the brackets. Either way its something he needs to sort out.