Gearbox to warm 6

Includes clutch, transmission, propeller shaft,
universal joints, differential and rear axle.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

artyfartymarty
State: WA

Gearbox to warm 6

Post by artyfartymarty »

Next on the to do list is driveline...g/box, tailshaft ballance and new Uni joints to sort the freeway humm and shake.
Diff is only 2 yrs old rebuild but its a stock single spinner so not sure if it'll last. i guess i'll keep it as long as it survives as i suspect the tired trimatic will be the weak link...(i wasn't planning to go as far as i did with the motor when i had the diff done prior...isn't it always the way!?)

I'm considering having the already fitted trimatic rebuilt with 2500 stall converter, upgrades internally (shift kit etc), B&M quicksilver shifter and large capasity alloy oil pan to cope with the extra power of the worked 202. Think I should also sort out the gearbox mount (its done old school open chassis style) and add a tailshaft loop.

Had Blacky already suggest the T700 4sp as an option Looks like it would be complete redo compared to reco and beefing up trimatic.

What would be involved with trimatic to other auto box conversion and what would be benefit if any doing a change v the trimatic appropriately worked to suit the motor.

Can anyone recommend a good trans place, preferably in Ozzy Park or Balcatta area?

Marty
FB EK Club WA
Don't follow me, I'm lost too
Blacky
State: WA

Re: Gearbox to warm 6

Post by Blacky »

Chris Dimoff in Malaga is the man to see.
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.