Torana Disc brake HR Front end help

Includes handbrake, cylinders, shoes, discs, rims and rubber.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Grazzaa
State: NOT ENTERED

Torana Disc brake HR Front end help

Post by Grazzaa »

Hi Guys,

This is my first post although I have been reading the forum heaps and have got nearly all the info I have needed so far (thank yall). I got myself an ek wagon about 2 months ago and have pulled out the grey motor and Hydramatic to fit a trimatic to the grey. I have also pulled out the front end cleaned up, patched up and painted the underneath and engine bay. I have installed 2" lowering blocks and new shocks to the rear. I got a HR Front end with torana PBR discs off Vintage Holden and have rebuilt it with new springs, shocks, discs, paint, rubbers and installed it.

I have just come to fit the calipers to the front end and have seen that the calipers bolt up toward the front of the disc as looking from the side between 9 and 11 o'clock if you can imagine a clock face. My question to you guys is this correct? It just looks a bit odd to me being that calipers generally seem to mount between 1 and 3 o'clock and the flexi brake line is on the wrong side as compared to where it joins the brake system on the subframe and would require an extra long line to mount up. I have tried googling it and have had a look on the forum but have had no luck. If they are mounted on the wrong side I assume the stub axles will need to be swap sides?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,
Graham
bat53retro
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: Torana Disc brake HR Front end help

Post by bat53retro »

between 9 / 11 means the calipers a re back of the stub axle

so swap left to right
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

Being that they're LH calipers they mount forward of the crossmember. Same setup as my car. I had to make new lines to place the mount for the rubber lines in front of the HR crossmember.