Blue EK Special Wagon

Have you spotted any FB's or EK's we haven't seen before. Post your pics here.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Marty K Bird
State: NOT ENTERED

Blue EK Special Wagon

Post by Marty K Bird »

I was searching through some of my photos today when i spotted one that i have been looking for !
Its a EK Special Wagon that used to belong to an old lady who lived just down the road from me here in Murrumburrah. A local mechanic sold it for her on ebay a few years ago ....

Looks like the plate is still current.

Was a nice original old rig that never did a lot of work ...

I have some better photos of it somewhere !
:peaceout:
Mick
State: NSW

Re: Blue EK Special Wagon

Post by Mick »

i remember that car being on ebay

my mother in law lived in murrumburrah till her house burned down she now lives in harden
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Sputzwagon

Post by Sputzwagon »

That colour scheme on the wagon must have been real popular at the time...I've lost count how many of that colour wagons I've seen over the years!! :thumbsup:

Scotty.
[img]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg211/scottyharrod/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No 2
Marty K Bird

Post by Marty K Bird »

Mick wrote:i remember that car being on ebay

my mother in law lived in murrumburrah till her house burned down she now lives in harden
Oh so the house on the corner of the tip road, or accross from the park ?
Not too big of a move!

Sputz, or anyone whats this colour called ... im lazy to look up the charts ... shamilar blue or whatever?

I'm planning on taking the old lady for a spin in mine once its on the road .... she would have been close to 80 when she was still driving the wagon.
She has a festiva now :(
:peaceout:
Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

Marty K Bird wrote:
Mick wrote:i remember that car being on ebay

Oh so the house on the corner of the tip road, or accross from the park ?
Not too big of a move!
that's the one across from park
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

I remember looking at a really nice twilight turqoise wagon back when I lived in Sydney , it had a stripped timing gear and was unregistered but was in bloody good nick otherwise - bloke wanted $50 for it but I knocked it back :shock: :shock: :crazy:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Brian Westlake

Post by Brian Westlake »

I have a picture somewhere of a twighlight turquoise wagon with the side flash that goes above the chrome strip (????) Blacky. I had my Twighlight Turquoise Sedan hotty in the FB/EK club in about 1980. We used to meet at a church hall in Randle St. Guildford, I think. Trevor Page was President and a fellow called Rex was Secretary I think. I only say this because I remember one night going for a hot lap around the block with some guys in the red EK that was later bought and used in the movie "Running on Empty" Was this you mate?
I remember it had tubes coming out of the radio speaker with guages in them and a bump on the bonnet from a 6 cyl. Cortina or something. I'm sorry this is way off the subject but I
just remembered this night. Back on the right track, Steve Mclaren, a previos President from the Qld club, had two twighlight EK Wagons.
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

Brian Westlake wrote:I have a picture somewhere of a twighlight turquoise wagon with the side flash that goes above the chrome strip (????) Blacky. I had my Twighlight Turquoise Sedan hotty in the FB/EK club in about 1980. We used to meet at a church hall in Randle St. Guildford, I think. Trevor Page was President and a fellow called Rex was Secretary I think. I only say this because I remember one night going for a hot lap around the block with some guys in the red EK that was later bought and used in the movie "Running on Empty" Was this you mate?
I remember it had tubes coming out of the radio speaker with guages in them and a bump on the bonnet from a 6 cyl. Cortina or something. I'm sorry this is way off the subject but I
just remembered this night. Back on the right track, Steve Mclaren, a previos President from the Qld club, had two twighlight EK Wagons.
No that wasnt me - I bought it from the movie company after filming. I went to a couple of FB/EK club meetings in Sydney in the early '80s out blacktown way in I thinkit was Trevors garage ? He had a yellow EK with "the wanderer" painted on the bootlid that I was looking at buying , I decided to buy it so I rang him and he had sold it the day before so I stuck with my Monaro and stopped going to the meetings.
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.