A MINI FB

Have you spotted any FB's or EK's we haven't seen before. Post your pics here.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

EKfanPaul2
State: NOT ENTERED

A MINI FB

Post by EKfanPaul2 »

Spotted this Morris major Elite '61 in Spotswood yesterday, Hated these as a young fella. Now I find them interesting / cute.
I used to think they were tiny, but beside an EK, they are not so small.
The body was still great, although it looks like an old prang didn't get the read doos matched up.

cheers

Paul K
Attachments
Hudson Street, Spotswood
Hudson Street, Spotswood
Copy of mini fb.jpg (151.39 KiB) Viewed 919 times
HAD708

Re: A MINI FB

Post by HAD708 »

hi
I love these little cars my Pa owned one when I was a kid the same color and he sold it with 10000 miles on it was still new! These are a fascinating vehicle I think the Australian content in them is way over the Holden at around 98% they were all assembled here in Sydney at the Zetland plant. They had a perky little motor 1450 cc that have been widely used for hill climbs racing etc, hence the scarsity of these Aussie built BMC beauties. The upholstery in them is a major let down as it perishes very quickly unlike the Holden Elascofab that is brilliantly durable. They could be optioned up well with heaters and radios etc etc and were not bad at towing with the good torque etc. They were not as powerful or big as the Holdens but they were I think an amazing Australian assembled BMC product and if any one knows of a good example I would love to talk to them re a purchase.
Cheers
Brett
reidy
State: VIC

Post by reidy »

HAD708 wrote:hi
I love these little cars my Pa owned one when I was a kid. I think an amazing Australian assembled BMC product and if any one knows of a good example I would love to talk to them re a purchase.
Cheers
Brett
Now I see the big picture Brett. That statement says it all about your tastes! :shock:
Regards Reidy 8)
EKfanPaul2

Post by EKfanPaul2 »

Hudson Road, Spotswood.
I'm sure they be wrapt someone would like to buy it.

Cheers
Paul K
Marty K Bird

Post by Marty K Bird »

That would look hot with a redo, mags, lower it a bit or at least correct the stance by dropping the front.
Nice flash kit!
:peaceout:
reidy
State: VIC

Post by reidy »

And the Morrie would come up a treat with some work too Marty :yeahhh:
Reidy 8)