Expressions of interest - FB/EK brake drum order

Includes handbrake, cylinders, shoes, discs, rims and rubber.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Craig Allardyce
State: VIC

Expressions of interest - FB/EK brake drum order

Post by Craig Allardyce »

Hi all,

I have had recent discussions with RDA about replacement brake drums for FB/EK's.
From them they have stated that they would not manufacture any unless they had a firm order for 200 units. They also stated that they would need a good base sample drum to copy also.

With all that in mind I'm putting out the feelers to see if I could get any others that would be interested in any. I intend to list all those that would committ to purchasing some and once I have 200 or more I will again approach RDA.

I dont have any prices as yet but going off Ebay for new EH/EJ drums I would suggest they may be around $150.00 a pair, but this is definitely unconfirmed.

Cheers. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
OldMan's Lacky
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: Expressions of interest - FB/EK brake drum order

Post by OldMan's Lacky »

Hi Craig,

Just seen this. :oops:

Did you get much interest? I would be.

Cheers.

Danny
Craig Allardyce
State: VIC

Re: Expressions of interest - FB/EK brake drum order

Post by Craig Allardyce »

Hi Danny,

well your the first out of 130 that have viewed my post, so no, bugger all interest.
I can see if I did go through with it I'd be left hanging with 192 brake drums and a big fat bill from RDA.
Its a pity. I keep wondering how many FB's and EK's are running around out there with paper thin or warped brake drums, especially those with boosters fitted.
I'm now looking to getting some recast overseas as there isn't much around in Aust. Downside is its so bloody expensive.

Thanks for the reply. :thumbsup:

Craig.