External Sun visor trim

Includes sheet metal, rubbers, bumpers, badges and rust repairs.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

choppedfan
State: NOT ENTERED

External Sun visor trim

Post by choppedfan »

Ok so this is what I've been up to, decided to try a sunvisor on my FJ ute but because the windscreen lays back and the pillars are in a little because of the chop a stock one won't fit without a bit of modifying. So starting with an EH visor (I liked the outside curve) I sliced and diced and got the look I wanted, BUT the aluminium trim on the outside is being a pain, used to be one piece but I had to cut it to make it fit.

I prised it off alright but cant get it to clip back on and stay, I'm guessing they are pinch rolled when new anyway I want to know how to refit to stay before I paint the visor and scratch the crap out of it putting it back on :evil: Mate suggested to get it back on after its primed and mask it up for the colour coats, at the moment that might be the way to go :wink:

Anyone taken the outside trim of these and refitted them??????

Mick 8)
bootlegger

Re: External Sun visor trim

Post by bootlegger »

Can't help with fixing it but it makes sense to put it on first and then paint it.
I bought a new one for my dodge truck from hyway sunvisors. They have the alloy trim on the front. Mayhem you could send it to them and they could put a nice new shiny one on for you.
Hyway by the way is spelt that way. They are in auburn somewhere.
choppedfan

Re: External Sun visor trim

Post by choppedfan »

Tim could you please post a picture of the tool you made, this trim is really starting to get the better of me :evil: :evil: :evil: Bloody thing came off so easy but won't play the game and go back on, I couldn't have reshaped the visor to suit my roofline without taking it off.

Tim if it takes hours to refit it then it will go back on when the visor is in primer and be masked up for the colour coats :wink:

Thing is in the seventies if you brought a car with a visor then you got home as quick as you could to take it off and throw it away before your mates had the chance to bag you out :lol: :lol:

Funny how things change.

Mick 8)
Attachments
rsz_p1080195.jpg
rsz_p1080195.jpg (189.68 KiB) Viewed 681 times
rsz_p1080194.jpg
rsz_p1080194.jpg (225.58 KiB) Viewed 681 times