seat belts

Includes seating, upholstery, door trims, dashboard and heater.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

steve
State: NOT ENTERED

seat belts

Post by steve »

hi Guys and girls
I have brought some seat belts for my fb sedan six in total from stamp belts near bendigo,my car is on full nsw rego and im told i need an engineers certificate when i put them in we dont have a local one in mildura,there is one near bendigo he said if i drive down he will sign off on it cost $500 this sounds dear to me .is there any other way or does some one have other ideas :? :? :? thanks steve
parisian62
State: NSW

Re: seat belts

Post by parisian62 »

$500 - that sounds crazy :o :shock:

this thread has some handy info - http://www.fbekholden.com/forum/viewtop ... 29&t=13825

Stewart
Feelin free in a '61 FB.
Member of FB-EK Holden Car Club Of NSW Inc.
Check out the Rebuild of Old Timer
Harv
State: NSW

Re: seat belts

Post by Harv »

Yep - in NSW it should not be an engineers cert, it should be an inspection by an RTA Authorised Restraint Fitting Station. If the Station signatory is willing to inspect your handiwork (instead of doing the install work), then the paperwork is only about a $35 RTA fee. 1 hour to inspect the car @$60/h (meet and greet, hoist time and paperwork) should see you out of there at around the $100 mark at most.
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.