Another Cortina

Got something else that you want to show off that's not an FB or EK? Try this section.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Brown Bear
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: Another Cortina

Post by Brown Bear »

Great work there Andrew

Wish I could pop round the corner and pick up a LOM spec cortina... have been looking on and off for nearly 4 years :(

Today I picked up one the right colour, black roof and with correct KJM-212K rego plates. Body is perfect, interior excellent but haven't managed to get it started yet... You will find it at your friendly local hobby store for less than $10. Thankyou to the Oxford Automobile Company :wink:

Keep the updates coming!
On safari

Member of FB EK Holden Car Club of NSW Inc.
space ace
State: NSW

Post by space ace »

Not the same thing but interesting.....
Pete
Woofto Car Club Member No 1
FB EK Forum Member No: 249
Brown Bear

Post by Brown Bear »

Andrew... Oi! A word, in your shell, like...

Any updates on on the time travelling Cortina?

I have a possible candidate down my way, but with bub number 3 due in June the "no Cortina" club has again vetoed the idea. I'll PM you the link, maybe you could write me letter of support :)

Hope alls well down your way
On safari

Member of FB EK Holden Car Club of NSW Inc.
fb cruisin
State: NSW

Post by fb cruisin »

Time to work on the minister for finance Matt :erm:
You could hide it in the corner of your shed, and she won't even see it :hehhh"

Post by MeFB »

Got a soft spot for these myself. There's a 2l TD sedan with 14000 original K's on the clock for sale just near my place in WA. How cool is that original 1970's interior:

I know this isn't the forum for it, but does anyone know at what point they started using the common body shell for the 4 and the 6 cylinder cortinas? My understanding is that the shells for the first of the 6 cyl cars had some sections made from thicker steel, and later &*#@ just applied the same to the 4 cyl cars.

:arrow: :D
Alan
Member No.1 of the FB EK Holden Car Club of WA (Woo-hoo :D sweet!)
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

I just bought a TD 6 cylinder bonnet so I can cut the bulge out of it for a shake rattle and roll replica - the bonnet is in excellent nick , I was hoping to get a rusty/damaged one to cut up ......................
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
MeFB

Post by MeFB »

Blacky wrote:a shake rattle and roll replica
What's one of those?

:arrow: :eh:
Alan
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

MeFB wrote:
Blacky wrote:a shake rattle and roll replica
What's one of those?

:arrow: :eh:
one of these - I used to own it years ago and have regretted selling it ever since :cry: have a look at the bonnet

When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

MeFB

Post by MeFB »

Looks very cool (and hot), I'm not surprised you regret selling it.

Maybe this time around you can add a bonnet budgie for that little bit of extra class :thumbsup:

Alan
FB wannabe

Post by FB wannabe »

Hey guys,

Really nice to see some interest in the tc / td Cortinas.

I'll update this thread soon but thought I would answer some questions first.

Matt. Focus. Believe. Achieve. You'll get there with your Cortina if you really want it :esmile:

Mefb. That Cortina you have put the picture up off is a very rare TD Cortina called the "Summertime special" they were all white and came with 3 colours as the theme. Blue, green and chamios colour. I would love to get hold of one one day, just due to the rarity of it. Also a distinguishing feature of them was painted bumpers and alot of other chrome ither deleted or painted balck.

A friend of mines Dad has one with the green highlights.

As for your Question on the 4cyl / 6cyl. You'll be sweet. The 4cyl ones had a flat firewall and were VERY early run and now days quite rare. If the firewall dips in in the middle (mid 73 onwards) then all of the bodies are the same :thumbsup:

Blacky. I'm suprised you found one and was willing to pay the asking price! :shock: They are like hens teeth and anyone who has one (and knows what it's worth) would be asking upwards of $400 depending on condition. Such a shame you couldn't find a shit one but I'm really suprised you even found that one. On the forums people are always looking for them and they just aren't around.
You won't be late with a 138!
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

I paid $100 , I was prepared to go to $150 as i realise they are pretty hard to find.
I offered it to the local Frod club as a swap for a rusty/ damaged one as it in all honesty too good to cut up but no one got back to me

MeFB

Post by MeFB »

FB wannabe wrote:Mefb. That Cortina you have put the picture up off is a very rare TD Cortina called the "Summertime special" they were all white and came with 3 colours as the theme. Blue, green and chamios colour. I would love to get hold of one one day, just due to the rarity of it. Also a distinguishing feature of them was painted bumpers and alot of other chrome ither deleted or painted balck.
Sweet :thumbsup:

I do like the look of the wee beastie.

Alan
Mick Jagger

Post by Mick Jagger »

Did they make a 2 door(same shape as yours,mk3), I do remember seeing one a long time ago
kmawic
bootlegger

Post by bootlegger »

Im pretty sure my mate in penrith owns this car or he made a replica of it. He also owns the 57 and the rammer out of running on empty.
Another friend in that group owned foxes dodge challenger. He sold it for $25000.
The last time i heard of it the current owner wanted $395000 for it.
The 57 and the rammer are both pulled apart. The rammer is in a real bad way after getting burnt.
bootlegger

Post by bootlegger »

Getting back to cortinas i have four rust free 71 model 440 doors. I cant get a hudnred dollars for all four of them on ebay.