'46 Chev RHD conversion

Got something else that you want to show off that's not an FB or EK? Try this section.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Blacky
State: WA

Re: '46 Chev RHD conversion

Post by Blacky »

Getting there , got the motor back in and all the ancillaries hooked up , car has been rewired and all the interior is back in , still got the LHD front carpet in as the new stuff hasn't turned up yet - we are making a new exhaust system tomorrow , need to bleed the brakes , fit the windscreen , wire up the fuel guage , change out the steering arms plus afe wother little bits and then its off for 3rd inspection on saturday :thumbsup:

When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
bootlegger
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by bootlegger »

Your getting there. Its good to have a deadline. Even if it means working 24 hours a day to get it done.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Well after a couple of very full on days we made it to first inspection today with HEAPS of time to spare - we fired up the motor , bedded in the cam , took it up the street and back then drove it straight onto the trailer and over for the inspection and got there with nearly 10 minutes to spare !!! :lol: It was just like an episode of Overhaulin or something but it was actually real :P

Didn't pass though :cry: the rack is too long and they knocked it back for that and one tailpipe needs to be moved so its pretty close :thumbsup:

on the trailer

at the inspection at West Coast Hot Rod clubs clubroom

All together

Me mate Ben "Flathead" Forster - a chronic Frodophile sitting in a Chev never thought I would see the day :shock: :shock:

I have just reread this post and looked at where the car was at 3 weeks ago - I am so lucky to have some good mates to help me out - me best mate Damo has been over at our place nearly every night helping me get this car ready , Redbeard rebuilt the motor for me and got it running sweet this morning and
flathead has given me a hand in between running his business for the last 2 days - without these guys and the other Cranksters who came over to help here and there it would still be miles away from ready. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Trev

Post by Trev »

Looking sweet Blacky :thumbsup:
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
Thommo

Post by Thommo »

Love the body shape of those, Just like our Aussie slopers 8)
Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

yep i love the body shape of those, there's caddies with a simular shape you can keep ya '59 '60s
what's the go with the rack being to long? effects the turning circle or something?
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Mick wrote:what's the go with the rack being to long? effects the turning circle or something?
No Mick , the left hand side of the rack is sitting too far to the left of the car and being a power rack they cant be shortened - manual racks are easy to do so I will toss out the jag rack and fit a VB Conformadore shortened rack. Theres a bit of fiddling to get afront end right , steering arms need to be parallel to the lower wishbones , the steering arm pivot point needs to be in line with a line drawn between the top and bottom wishbone inner pivot points AND another line drawn through the front and rear inner pivot points . The tie rod ends need to be on another imaginary line between the stub axle centre point and the middle of the diff for your ackerman angle. I bought this front end already done so I didn't check it properly before fitting it :oops:

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Got it licenced yesterday :D :D :D :D :D :D

Have had some dramas with the brakes and a couple of other issues but got them sorted , took it up for inspection on wednesday and the fuel pump shat itself and was leaking fuel so that was the end of that , fixed it wednesday night and it was passed yesterday :thumbsup:

MeFB

Post by MeFB »

Marathon job Blacky, you must be over the moon!

How about tackling the other projects lurking at the back of your shed whilst you're on a roll?

:arrow: :D
Alan
Member No.1 of the FB EK Holden Car Club of WA (Woo-hoo :D sweet!)
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

MeFB wrote:Marathon job Blacky, you must be over the moon!

How about tackling the other projects lurking at the back of your shed whilst you're on a roll?

:arrow: :D
I was planning to finish the Monaro and take it to the Monaro nats in Busso this year but then I got crook which has slowed me down a fair bit :thumbsdown:

NoMAD

Post by NoMAD »

Looking sweet mate... hopefully i get a chance to get it out before you move this one on :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cheers
Nathan
FB/EK Holden Car Club of W.A. Inc
Foundation Member
muza

Post by muza »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Top job mate
FB Holden Fernando Yellow/Arctic Beige flash
Stock as a rock