STUPID PEOPLE

Includes shock absorbers, springs and steering linkages.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Mick
State: NSW

Re: STUPID PEOPLE

Post by Mick »

russo wrote:trade it for a prius
YES or have DEEEEEP pockets cause this is just gunna keep happening
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
(AUST)Mod
State: WA

Post by (AUST)Mod »

Found a picture from January 2008 of my FB......

:D
Craig wrote: Andrew you have a red so I wouldn't race it :wink:

J

Post by J »

Please, just rub it in some more Andrew :P
I have that picture saved haha
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

Well said Tim. You gotta start somewhere. Although if you do find someone who is competent and caring enough to work on your car you will be paying for it!
Trev
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by Trev »

Part of doing it yourself is the will to save money, I got a quote to install my hood lining in the wagon ($200), did it with help from a mate, not a professional job but it came out good enough for me (saved or made $200). Just helped the same mate install his in a sedan, came out better than mine because we did it once before :wink: . You just have to have a go sometimes :D .
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
Mick

Post by Mick »

Trev wrote:Part of doing it yourself is the will to save money, I got a quote to install my hood lining in the wagon ($200), did it with help from a mate, not a professional job but it came out good enough for me (saved or made $200). Just helped the same mate install his in a sedan, came out better than mine because we did it once before :wink: . You just have to have a go sometimes :D .

darren pender with the really nice FB used to own an XU1 that he restored, when it come time to paint as with everybody he was shocked at the quotes he was getting so he figured i'll have a go at this, that car won major awards at summernats and anybody that has seen his cars that he's painted will vouch for how good of a paint job he does

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Cal

Post by Cal »

Geez Mick, you'll get crucified for saying painters charge too much :shock: :lol:

Tim, there are some of us out there who are so crap with our hands, if we attempt to do something to the car ourselves, we end up farking it up and then it ends up costing twice as much too fix.

I fall into this group :oops: 8)
Mick

Post by Mick »

Cal wrote: Tim, there are some of us out there who are so crap with our hands, if we attempt to do something to the car ourselves, we end up farking it up and then it ends up costing twice as much too fix.

I fall into this group :oops: 8)
you are quite right without trying to offend anybody, some people can some people can't i've disscussed with scotty (sputz) before about drawing he kinda thinks everybody has some abillity and i swear i'de f#%k up a stick figure when it comes to putting pen/pencil to paper i've got nothing

mechanical i'm pretty right and all self taught body and paint i think if i weren't so lazy/impatiant i think i could do a fair job

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
oldnek

Post by oldnek »

Mate, I have seen mechanics that aren't worth the crap that comes out of them (said in the nicest way possible). Even NRMA.
Classic example of no early knowledge of vehicles......A VB Commodore 202 Red motor,Broken down i the main street(Can't get any simpliar other than a FX Holden) does not start ( Mobile Mechanic and the NRMA service tech said it needs a new ignition module.)
Funny I just adjusted the points and shes purring again. Did that whilst he was waiting for the towtruck.

The simple things in life are often overlooked.
Another example, just quickly A lady waiting for the NRMA in major food retailer carpark . I asked her if she needed a hand, said her remote is no longer working and couldn't get into her car.
I asked her for the key and opened the door and started her car. She was standing there shocked, all this time she and her Hubby didn't realise you could open the car door with a key. She was :oops: :oops: :oops:
bigtime.
There's nothing as Sweet as a EK V8
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

oldnek wrote:Another example, just quickly A lady waiting for the NRMA in major food retailer carpark . I asked her if she needed a hand, said her remote is no longer working and couldn't get into her car.
I asked her for the key and opened the door and started her car. She was standing there shocked, all this time she and her Hubby didn't realise you could open the car door with a key. She was :oops: :oops: :oops:
bigtime.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Doesnt NRMA stand for Not Real Mechanics Anymore ??????
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
artyfartymarty

Post by artyfartymarty »

J,
My FB has a HR front end with original steering box and torana discs and a 173 red/trimatic. it all works fine and has done so for years. if you want to take a look, measure, take photos etc, you're welcome to drop by and check it out, this way you can at least compare what works v's what you have.
FB EK Club WA
Don't follow me, I'm lost too