EK Indicator housing

Need something for your daily driver or to finish off that project?

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

FJWALLY
State: VIC

EK Indicator housing

Post by FJWALLY »

Hi All - trying to repair the crap job the chrome has done on my cast bits I need a pair of EK Indicator housings in good to great condition if anyone has a pair they will part with.
Preferably not already re-chromed and not too much pitting

Cheers
Rob
You will find me lost somewhere!
ardiesse
State: NSW

Re: EK Indicator housing

Post by ardiesse »

I'll see what I've got down the back . . . I pulled a couple of EKs to bits in the early '80s, but I can't be completely certain about the condition of the front indicator housings. They won't have been re-chromed, though.

Rob
Brett027

Post by Brett027 »

Hi Rob, why can't you get your ones fixed up? Are they broken in pieces or would a good electroplater sort it out? If you want to send a few pics I could ask my guys at Queanbeyan.
ardiesse

Post by ardiesse »

Found - my best pair of indicator housings. The RH is quite good, the LH has minimal pitting. Wiring and most screws still attached,long spacers missing. Must have cannibalised them for my own car way back when . . .

And I'll second Brett - Electroplating Technology did a fantastic rescue job on my FC's front indicator housings, which were poxy in comparison with these EK housings. (Don't know if you have to remove the lamp socket from EK indicator housings prior to rechroming though)

Rob
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

The lamp housing pops out quite easily

Sent from my SM-A705YN using Tapatalk

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
FJWALLY
State: VIC

Post by FJWALLY »

The main problem I have is the Butcher chrome when preparing the metal for chrome was really heavy handed with the abrasives so he's both taken a lot of material off as well as not done it very evenly so they are really wavy - the bonnet bar was far worse which pretty much renders them useless and I might be better off starting from an unmolested pair even if it costs me a few bob to get a decent set.

It was really disappointing as he wrecked the bonnet bar - bonnet bird and indicator housings and did an average job on everything else - They are on the car and working so I was also hoping to leave them that way until I had another set in hand so I could drive it in the meantime once I have these few oil leaks sorted.
You will find me lost somewhere!