FB/EK Generator

Need something for your daily driver or to finish off that project?

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

FBeing
State: NOT ENTERED

FB/EK Generator

Post by FBeing »

As the title suggests I’m after a Bosch generator for my EK.
Mine has given up and I need a working replacement quickly.
I’m in the Sydney area.
Let me know if you can help me out.
Cheers
Stu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ardiesse
State: NSW

Re: FB/EK Generator

Post by ardiesse »

I have a couple, but they're not in sale-able condition, even though they work.
So - what's wrong with yours? Is it something as simple as the brushes have worn out?
Are the bearings still OK?

Rob
FBeing

Post by FBeing »

Hi Rob

Bearings are shot, and no doubt brushes are cactus too.

The reason why I need one quickly is because I am leaving the country soon and need a quick fix, the car will go to a mate to look after. So I am only after a working one.

If you are able to help that would be great, no pressure though. I am happy to do an exchange?

PM me to sort out the details if you like.

Unfortunately time isn't on my side!

Cheers

Stu
thebrotherj

Post by thebrotherj »

Stu,

I'm in the same boat as both you and Rob - I have two generators that I *think* are both functioning, but have not been in service for a long time... and I too am leaving the country for a month, departing Sunday.

I'll try to find a moment to set them up in the vice and spin them up. You are welcome to grab them both from me to try out, doubt I'll ever use them. I am in the Inner West if any of this is of use to you.

Joe
ardiesse

Post by ardiesse »

Stu,

I've got a setup at home for bench-testing generators. But it's getting difficult to find brushes for Bosch generators.
Bearing troubles sounds to me like the rear bush is flogged out and the generator's poling, due to lack of lubrication and over-tightened fan belt. Does it make a loud screaming sound?

I've got loads of Lucas generators, and a Lucas regulator, if you want to change over to the Prince of Darkness, even temporarily.

And I'm happy to bench-test Joe's generators if that'd help. I'm on the north side.

Rob
thebrotherj

Post by thebrotherj »

ardiesse wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:35 pm Stu,

I've got a setup at home for bench-testing generators. But it's getting difficult to find brushes for Bosch generators.
Bearing troubles sounds to me like the rear bush is flogged out and the generator's poling, due to lack of lubrication and over-tightened fan belt. Does it make a loud screaming sound?

I've got loads of Lucas generators, and a Lucas regulator, if you want to change over to the Prince of Darkness, even temporarily.

And I'm happy to bench-test Joe's generators if that'd help. I'm on the north side.

Rob
haha Prince of Darkness... my old high school Motor Maintenance teacher used that term, I was never sure how widely used that was. He was into Land Rovers & drove a Mk I GT6, if that paints a picture.

I am supposed to visit my folks one night this week before I head away, I'll drop them to you anyway Rob. You're more likely to ever make use of them anyway.

Joe
FBeing

Post by FBeing »

Thanks so much guys.

PMs sent to both of you.

Saturday is best for me. Happy to work around you guys though.

Cheers

Stu