GPS Tracking Units with immobilisers

Includes wiring and battery, generating system, starting system,
ignition system, windscreen wipers, lighting system and instruments and gauges.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

FJWALLY
State: VIC

GPS Tracking Units with immobilisers

Post by FJWALLY »

Hi - couldn't find elsewhere but apologies if a repeat but has anyone installed or looked into installing a system like the Fleetdynamics Track Dynamics HW unit?

To give some background they are a hardwired unit hidden (somewhere- but not sure where) that has it's own Telstra SIM that provides real time GPS tracking incase car is stolen or the kids have borrowed it or you simply forget where you parked it - LOL but also can be adapted as remote cut off for immobilising.

link for info https://shop.fleetdynamics.com.au/track-dynamics-hw/

Thoughts and opinions on similar or better options welcomed

Just been seeing a spate of thefts recently so might be worth the investment
You will find me lost somewhere!
mph
State: WA

Re: GPS Tracking Units with immobilisers

Post by mph »

a mate has these in his uber cars he rents out , im not to sure if its the same brand but ill find out.
They have worked well for him in the past tracking to the cars with renters not returning or just dumping them on the side of the roads
FB-Special
Big block 161 :lol:
Holley sniper EFI.
Vintage air ducted heat and cool.
Ek auto column shift.
Lj diff and reverse lights.
WA FB~EK Car Club Member.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

I bought one and took it to the USA when I bought my 46 Chev , pretty easy to set up and install , had a geofence feature where it sends a text if the car moves out of an area you have programmed in plus a speed alert if it exceeds a preset speed etc so handy to put in your kids car or one you are lending them , bought mine off ebay and bought a $10 SIM and that was all it took to get it running .
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
FJWALLY
State: VIC

Post by FJWALLY »

Yeah install looks pretty simple and apparently if just using for theft recovery you dont need the 10$ SIM but have to work out how that still send a signal

finding a good hiding spot is the next challenge

Any suggestions on a kill switch? I see some run complicated sequential set ups but my memory would see me sitting on the side of the road scratching my head too often I think
You will find me lost somewhere!
NoMAD

Post by NoMAD »

FJWALLY wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:22 am Any suggestions on a kill switch? I see some run complicated sequential set ups but my memory would see me sitting on the side of the road scratching my head too often I think
I always thought converting a push button to look like a cigarette lighter (in the same spot of course) would make a good kill switch... push in for go, pull out for stop etc...

Cheers
Nathan
FB/EK Holden Car Club of W.A. Inc
Foundation Member