Fresh Air Warmride Heater with extra air flaps

Includes seating, upholstery, door trims, dashboard and heater.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Nibble&Sick
State: NOT ENTERED

Fresh Air Warmride Heater with extra air flaps

Post by Nibble&Sick »

Just had another look at Hav's great heater document as I finally got a heater. Hopefully no more white (blue) knuckle quarter window demisting for me :smile2: Has anyone found how that extra linkage of the vents fits to the dash controls. Thinking it may have to be a link to the external fresh air vent in some way.

Cheers
Nick

PS gotta send respect to Hav as these documents are priceless.
May the Force be with you!!
Blacky
State: WA

Re: Fresh Air Warmride Heater with extra air flaps

Post by Blacky »

I think the second control operates the hot water valve doesnt it ?
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Nibble&Sick

Post by Nibble&Sick »

I think that they all came out with the one dash control for fresh air and when they got the optional heater the second heat slide control was fitted and operated the tap. So somehow the extra vents got controlled either by cable back of the fresh air slide control or maybe link to the original fresh air vent itself somehow. I could be completely wrong and it works with the heat control. Haven't had to chance to look a car fitted with the extra flap heater. Would dearly love photos
MeFB

Post by MeFB »

Compliments of Harv's post in the Tech References thread.

I can take photo's of my Warmaride Fresh Air setup if you need more info.
Alan
Member No.1 of the FB EK Holden Car Club of WA (Woo-hoo :D sweet!)
Nibble&Sick

Post by Nibble&Sick »

Thanks thats great a little hard to read but. I Looked at Harv's original post is the same any chance someone may have a PDF of it? Seems to be the early type without the extra air flaps. Is yours the one with the extra flaps if so would love a few photos.
Harv
State: NSW

Post by Harv »

Nibble&Sick wrote:Thanks thats great a little hard to read but. I Looked at Harv's original post is the same any chance someone may have a PDF of it? Seems to be the early type without the extra air flaps. Is yours the one with the extra flaps if so would love a few photos.
PM me an email address and I can send you a pdf of the Guide and the instruction sheets.

Cheers,
Harv (deputy apprentice Warmaride fiddler).
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
MeFB

Post by MeFB »

My heater is the 'Fresh Air' heater, and has three flaps in the top section of the heater i.e. one on each side, and one on the underside of the topmost section directly underneath the plenum vent (on the driver's side).

The flap directly underneath the plenum vent is held closed by gentle spring pressure, and appears to be just a passive vent that will open if there's a pressure imbalance. It is not connected to a control lever.

The flaps on the side of the heater are inlets for recirculating air from the cabin.

The slide control on the right hand side 'AIR' connects to the side flaps on the heater (via a linkage), and also to the car's plenum vent flap (via the original cable).

Moving this lever upwards from the bottom position starts to open the plenum vent and close the recirculation flaps so that the blend of fresh to recirculated air gradually increases. When you reach the notch in the slide control surround, the flaps on the side are fully closed, but the plenum vent is not yet fully open.

Pushing the AIR control knob further upwards continues to open the plenum flap to the fully open position. This is supposed to be for cooling in summer, but you could also run the heater like this if you were happy to lose some effectiveness by supplying the heater with only cold air from the plenum.

The slide control on the left hand side 'HEAT' has a short cable going to the flow control valve on the passenger side of the heater. It just opens and closes this valve to regulate the amount of hot water going through the heater matrix.

There is a second valve in the engine bay, but this is an entirely manual shut-off valve.

I'll try and get a pic, but it's a bit tight for space up under the dash there...
Alan
Member No.1 of the FB EK Holden Car Club of WA (Woo-hoo :D sweet!)
Nibble&Sick

Post by Nibble&Sick »

Thanks thats a great help would love a photo of he linkage for the side vents but at your leisure and if possible as i still need to gather parts like dash de-mister hose and vents and second air in dash control but still very excited about having heating and de misting as if all goes well hoping to finish the grand tour and head up to Darwin and down the west cost and to avoid wearing all our clothes at once when driving in the cold but still a lot of ducks to line up and coins to save for that but you gotta have hope :)
Attachments
IMAG0452.jpg
IMAG0452.jpg (39.82 KiB) Viewed 1717 times
Harv
State: NSW

Post by Harv »

Harv wrote:
Nibble&Sick wrote:Thanks thats great a little hard to read but. I Looked at Harv's original post is the same any chance someone may have a PDF of it? Seems to be the early type without the extra air flaps. Is yours the one with the extra flaps if so would love a few photos.
PM me an email address and I can send you a pdf of the Guide and the instruction sheets.

Cheers,
Harv (deputy apprentice Warmaride fiddler).
You got mail :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
In the Shed
State: SA

Post by In the Shed »

From that photo it looks like you picked a passenger from Siberia! :lol:
A day in the shed beats a day at work!
Nibble&Sick

Post by Nibble&Sick »

what you cant see is the ice forming on the outside and inside of the windscreen and the donna across our legs. Forget Siberia ACT in winter bring on the warmride