Adding a fuel filter .... and other fuel stuff

Includes fuel system, cooling system and exhaust.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Marty K Bird
State: NOT ENTERED

Adding a fuel filter .... and other fuel stuff

Post by Marty K Bird »

My old girl is always hard to start since im only starting it maybe ever six months and i assume nothings in the bowl and my fuelpump might not be the best.

I usually give it a drink down the carby and a bit of choke and away it goes ... but its very hard by myself when i cant feather my hand over the throttle body as its cranking to suck up some more juice.

I know i must have some gunk in my tank although its been drained best i could without removing the tank and also blowing through the lines ages ago.

Cant help but think im still getting crap in thats fowling up the jets and one of my next little projects is to finally put a fuel filter on it.

How does one go about such things?

Also can i buy a new diaphragm or fuel pump kit for the 138?

Also whats the best options for carby kits .... have seen a few mentioned over the years ?

Cheers

:peaceout:
:peaceout:
Harv
State: NSW

Re: Adding a fuel filter .... and other fuel stuff

Post by Harv »

Marty K Bird wrote:My old girl is always hard to start since im only starting it maybe ever six months and i assume nothings in the bowl and my fuelpump might not be the best.
They all do this - the fuel bowl is vented to atmosphere, and evaporates dry over several weeks. Even after a one-month stand-down, mine is a mongrel to first fire until the bowl primes again.
Marty K Bird wrote:Cant help but think im still getting crap in thats fowling up the jets and one of my next little projects is to finally put a fuel filter on it.

How does one go about such things?
This is not a bad way:
http://www.fbekholden.com/forum/viewtop ... uel+filter
Marty K Bird wrote:Also whats the best options for carby kits .... have seen a few mentioned over the years?
Try here:

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.