Shane's EK

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Blacky
State: WA

Re: Shane's EK

Post by Blacky »

Correct - you don't need them if you are running a rear gearbox mount and side mount engine mounts. If you still have the front mount only on your motor you will need to change it to side mount.
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
shanek
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by shanek »

Thats what I thought, I don't think i'll bother hanging on to them as I don't have an original gearbox/motor/front or rear end. I doubt I will ever go to the expense and heartache to find the bits to make the car original again. I'll put the bits on the for sale page for the price of postage only.
shanek

Post by shanek »

A few more progress pics, I have finished welding in the floor pans and trans tunnel. I also welded some reinforcement into the new trans tunnel to replace the bit that was lost when I removed the old tunnel.

A couple of coats of 3M Kahguard came up really nice on the under body.

Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

looking the goods mate , always a good feeling getting paint on :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
toey1977

Post by toey1977 »

looking good great thread keep it coming
mmmmmmmmmmm dunno