One piece door glass

Includes sheet metal, rubbers, bumpers, badges and rust repairs.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

RollinLow
State: NOT ENTERED

One piece door glass

Post by RollinLow »

Gday people Im not sure if anyone has done this before but I am think of doing one piece glass in all 4 doors. I have had a good look and measure and I reckon it can be done, the rear doors looks like it will the hardest as the door lock mech will sit very close to where the window channel will need to sit. I have sourced someone that can make my glass if I supply precut templates. What are everyones thoughts?
Devilrod
State: VIC

Re: One piece door glass

Post by Devilrod »

I think you'll find the rears hardest to do. You'll need to allow for the rear dogleg up over the arch as this will limit room for glass. Which may also explain why they were two piece to start with.
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
RollinLow

Post by RollinLow »

Yeah me and the old man (both with panel trade back ground) had a good look the other night and reckon the fronts will be pretty straight forward. Thought of using the original window channel cut shorter and moved to become the front lower channel. Rears will have to do the same although it will be a very short cut to run down to the to of the arch. May have to sacrifice the rear window not opening fully, but plenty of cars do it. Trickiest bit will be getting it all to clear the rear door lock mech, its going to be close. Getting rubbers to fit right is also going to be a challenge I predict, so I am off to see Bill Thompson Auto Rubbers to see what they can come up with.
Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

it can and has been done on henry parry's EK built by the chop shop, fronts are simple
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
V8ratrod

Post by V8ratrod »

Check out comaro rear windows as they wind down they then tilt/drop down towards
the front of the car before disappearing as they seem to pivot from the rear of glass/wind winder
Trev

Post by Trev »

How did you go with the rear windows Rollin?
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3