New Brakes for EK

Includes handbrake, cylinders, shoes, discs, rims and rubber.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

John.B.
State: NOT ENTERED

New Brakes for EK

Post by John.B. »

Hello,

I bought an EK a few weeks ago to sit beside my HT, so only new here. I took it to exhaust place to fix the exhaust and asked if he could look at my brakes. My knowledge for brakes goes to adjusting them only. He said they're stuffed. New cylinders, shoes, drums, etc. Fluid leaked everywhere for a long time. Apparently, everything except drums can be purchased new. Can anyone tell me where I can get brake drums from? Is it easy to convert to something else. I'm not fussed with having disc brakes etc but is that what I need to do? Is there somewhere in Melbourne I can take it too? I am in S.E.
Please help.
John B
Blacky
State: WA

Re: New Brakes for EK

Post by Blacky »

G'day John, welcome to the forum mate , are the drums beyond machining ? It shouldnt be TOO hard finding a set of skimmable ones in Melbourne , you have come to the right place to find some :thumbsup:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
John.B.
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: New Brakes for EK

Post by John.B. »

Thanks Blacky. Not sure if they're beyond machining. Bloke told me they were stuffed because they had soaked in brake fluid too long.