Grey Motors Anywhere

Includes fuel system, cooling system and exhaust.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Peterhsv
State: NOT ENTERED

Grey Motors Anywhere

Post by Peterhsv »

Hi all

Live in Sydney and just bought the EK (see my FB/EK post). The engine has not been diagnosed yet, but it looks like it may need an engine rebuild.

Does anyone know anyone in Sydney who could do a good job at a good price?

Anyone know of someone selling a recently rebuilt grey motor i could buy and chuck in instead?

Also, how much an engine rebuild repair kit would cost me and where from?

Cheers
Peter
'CLASSIC NOT PLASTIC'
Still Holden on..
FB 60

Post by FB 60 »

Peter

Around Wagga you can get an exchange with warrantee for $2450.

If you want to do most of it yourself it will be much cheaper – my rebuild including all parts cost around $1300 (did not include the head as I had a spare reco one) see
http://www.fbekholden.com/forum/viewtop ... sc&start=0
For more details

Use the yellow pages and phone around for quotes.

Andrew
[b][color=#EEAD0E]Andrew....AKA FC_1958 on the "other" forum[/color][/b]
EK-179

Post by EK-179 »

gday mate,
it all depends on what you want out of your grey motor. a friend in our car club (fe fc holden) down here in vic had his motor done at CW in nunnawadding and cost him a total of $1300 with everything, uncluding harmonic, head, water pump and all machinin +new parts.
his motor has done totally stock (not worked).

we dropped in our motor early december for a full rebuilt/hot up. the motor will be worked off its nut, it had eevrything balanced, bored to +100thou, high pressure oil pump, new harmonic, new water pump, and a hole heap of other crap,

the end price, $2200, without the head!

then we got a price on the head, to have stainless 202 valves, shaved, and fully ported, theres another $700, so i guess its your decision :)

i might post up a couple of pics whne we get it back, as everytime we go to pick it up, we think of somethign else to be done to it :):)
FB MAD

Post by FB MAD »

Hi Peter.There was a bloke selling a fully rebuilt stock grey motor head on ebay just a week or two ago for a start up bid of $220.I'll look on completed listings to see if it sold or not so if you are interested let me know and I'll contact him for you to see if its still for sale and how much.At least you only then have to pay out for a bottom end rebuild.

Terry.
I can't think what to write here so this will do.