Great Cars Going To Waste

Have you spotted any FB's or EK's we haven't seen before. Post your pics here.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Mick
State: NSW

Re: Great Cars Going To Waste

Post by Mick »

i spoke to the son at peak hill a few years back and the cars (not the ones in the open yard) i thought were dear but for what you were getting were reasonable i think SJ would agree, where do you get a black EJ prem with red trim that had only been on the road for 1 year then sat in the holden dealership ever since for $20,000 '64 chev belair only spent 5 years on the road then locked up in a building $20,000

i know the place you speak of 61FBspecial, he did used to have quite a few FB/EK's in there :( me and my mates may or may not have got quite alot of parts from there after hours :wink: :twisted: so some people may or may not have got at this fool :)
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Cal
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by Cal »

I've seen that yard in Riverstone too, if it's the same one 61FBspecial is talking about. Lots of cars going to waste.
Dans61wagon

Post by Dans61wagon »

Hey nostalgia, is the junkyard in geelong that your talking about on separation street? A mate went in there and reckons theres a few early holden, but everything is rusted out. Anyone seen the stuffed hg monaro bodyshell at St leonards (geelong)? Its absolutely stuffed!
The 60's, big cars, no speed limit and all the fuel you could burn for a Dollar!
Nostalgia

Post by Nostalgia »

Dans61wagon wrote:Hey nostalgia, is the junkyard in geelong that your talking about on separation street? A mate went in there and reckons theres a few early holden, but everything is rusted out. Anyone seen the stuffed hg monaro bodyshell at St leonards (geelong)? Its absolutely stuffed!
Yeah Mate, thats the place. Such a shame that most of his stuff is beyond salvage hey.
I havent seen the Monaro in St Leonards. Is it on a property ?

Cheers, Adam.
Dans61wagon

Post by Dans61wagon »

The monaro is on open land, there has been house getting built around it, woludnt be suprised if its gone. ill check it out next time im down there, ill try get a picture of it
The 60's, big cars, no speed limit and all the fuel you could burn for a Dollar!
steve77

Post by steve77 »

Hi everyone ,
Iam new to this fourm I am in Proserpine QLD,
But there is a place near Wagga in country NSW like this ! he wont sell infact I hear he chases you with shotgun when you go and see him to ask about them!
same deal the owner has no real intrest but thinks "öne Day "they will be worth heaps!!
I have a EK sedan that I am currently gathering parts for
I plan to put a 283 chev turbo 700 auto vb-vh diff, rods racks front end ( HR )
I purcased the sedan from Mal in Gympie in QLD ( he did a Supercharged v6 Yellow FB sedan looks good).
the car needs usual rust repairs as well.
Currently moving to new house with bigger shed. Will post some pictures when moved in.
Steve
Trev

Post by Trev »

Sounds good Steve, got any pic's of your car?
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
FBeing

Post by FBeing »

Hey Steve welcome

Is this the car you bought off Mal?
http://www.fbekholden.com/forum/viewtop ... =11&t=4768
steve77

Post by steve77 »

Yep thats her!!
I have sandblasted the inner front subframec-- a lot of work there.
Pic to come after move next weekend -as just purchased new house with big shed
Packed everything up....... for now
WOWU

Post by WOWU »

The cars on the corner at Riverstone are owned by John, the XT, XW and XY's that are one on top of each other in Melbourne Street are owned by Claus
Regards

James
WOWU
Penrith NSW
bootlegger

Post by bootlegger »

John is a real weird guy to deal with. His brother has an acreage nearby with hundreds of old cars.
He sold me my 48 austin mini bus.
It was mind blowing what was in his yard.
He had this huge engine that operated a electric powerplant in a factory.
It must have been 15ft high and 20 ft long. It was all cast iron and weighed tons and tons.
Its got me buggered how they transported it into his yard. His driveway is a couple of ks long. I had trouble getting in there with my dodge truck.
wot179

Post by wot179 »

Hes from Rivo...hes bound to be weird...lol
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elwood: I bet these cops got SCMODS.
Jake: SCMODS?
Elwood: State County Municipal Offender Data System.

W.S.C.C.A.
St Marys chapter.
adell'e 1969

Post by adell'e 1969 »

Gday i went ten rounds with the old fella at Peak hill a couple of years ago.The prices started at $3000 for a really sad FC sedan i asked about a few different cars and he told me i was making a list ??? Then lost his shit at me so i bit my tongue and headed home . Aparrently he has a number of very low mile cars in the old dealership a few streets away and a heap of nos parts Tony
Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

adell'e 1969 wrote: i asked about a few different cars and he told me i was making a list ??? Then lost his shit at me so i bit my tongue and headed home . Aparrently he has a number of very low mile cars in the old dealership a few streets away and a heap of nos parts Tony
not saying you were dicking him around but that is precisely why they are all still there he got sick and tired of being dicked around didn't need the money so figured it was no loss to him and a hell of a lot less stress to tell people to f#%k off not for sale than put up with the endless how much for this how much for that and then not make a sale
and yes there is tons of NOS (buildings full of it) and yes quite a few very low mile cars some only ever been regoed on the road for a couple of years
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
EK Kustom

Post by EK Kustom »

61FBspecial wrote:There is a yard in my suburb in the industrial area with row upon row and 3 high of some extremely rare old car's rusting away. I often take the dog for a walk past there to see what I can spot. There are not too many Holden's in there as far as I can see in, a few EH's and HR's and an FC. Apparently the guy who owns them is an old hillbilly and will not sell any of his car's or their parts. From the street I can see a few Valiant Charger's, early Beetles, Mini's, early Jap car's that are pulling huge money now (Corona coupe's and KE10 - 25 corolla's) a Lloyd Alexander, a Goliath, a Peugeot 403, a Honda Scamp and an S600 coupe etc to name a handful.

I often think these silly old bugger's are very selfish, they make me angry. They tease the real enthusiasts who are looking for those last few parts to make their car's complete. We all know, the old buggers know as well, they have no intention what so ever 'doing them up one day' as they alway's rant about. I fail to see sense in 'collecting' all these car's when their 'collection' is literally falling to pieces before their eyes and therefore becoming worthless with deterioration.

I think they should all go and see a doctor about their hoarding issues and do all the people in the old car movement a favour, and from all the money they make selling the car's, buy a proper house instead of living in a shack, and go and collect stamps or something!

*disclaimer - 61fbspecial does not wish to offend anyone using this forum who may fit the above profile*
This guy is entitled to have his car hoard, he bought them and put them on his land like we've all done. I bet he accumulated this before some snotty nosed winger was even born. Its not like there aren't other car stash's elsewhere around revesby, sometimes you have to drive on dirt roads. And who's got anything against living in shacks, our hillbilly shack is ultra modern inside once you pass through the hillbilly verandah façade.

I've bought parts from this guy in the past and I found him very accommodating, he can smell a rat from 1000 yards so that rules out the majority of modern buyers who only buy to make a profit online.

Getting through the gate for the first time required two visits from Newcastle just to prove I was a authentic enthusiast. The first time he watched me from a distance. But then i only buy what I personally need for a project. I'm not into making a profit at someone elses loss after they've hoarded there stash for 40yrs. Needless to say I spent half a day there talking about his cars and some of there history. He was a very interesting chap, so I got the guided tour because I'm honest. I almost forgot to ask about the parts I needed and his reply was he'd had the cars there for 30 years and I was the first bloke to buy off them. In fact he now had a market for the car parts in the U.K. and he was sending them back piece by piece.