Ek ute headlining

Includes seating, upholstery, door trims, dashboard and heater.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Rodder rob
State: NOT ENTERED

Ek ute headlining

Post by Rodder rob »

Does anybody know where I can purchase a EK ute headlining? There was a guy on eBay selling them but I havent seen them advertised for about 6 months. I was hoping to get original star type fabric if anyone has any ideas about this I would appreciate your feedback.
Blacky
State: WA

Re: Ek ute headlining

Post by Blacky »

G'day Rob, welcome to the forum mate 8) I have a mate who is a trimmer - he bought a premade one from over east and had to modify it to fit properly, do you have the original one out of the ute to use as a template ? You may be better off getting one made at a trimmers.
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
parisian62
State: NSW

Post by parisian62 »

Hi Rob,

I believe the headlinings were being done by Super Trim. If not they are still worth a try.

http://www.supertrimcoburg.com.au/

I'm told that the pattern used is not exactly the same as the original but close.

Stewart
Feelin free in a '61 FB.
Member of FB-EK Holden Car Club Of NSW Inc.
Check out the Rebuild of Old Timer
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

That's where mine came from and also my armrests. The trimmer who helped fit my headlining said he would have had a bit more material as excess to help fit but it did turn out really well with a bit of percerverance. It was a sedan though.
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
Rodder rob
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by Rodder rob »

Thanks guys ,I do have the original headlining so I will give super trim a call and will let you know how I went.
Rob
stinky
State: SA

Post by stinky »

If Super Trim give you grief I can stitch one up fairly quickly, I think I have a pattern already, for $140 plus postage.