The next one to go....

Got something else that you want to show off that's not an FB or EK? Try this section.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Big Daddy
State: NOT ENTERED

The next one to go....

Post by Big Daddy »

100_0600.jpg
100_0600.jpg (149.96 KiB) Viewed 599 times
Hi guys

Looks like the Studebaker Champ has been sold. That's the good news. The bad news is that what I got for it will go on the motor rebuild on the TBird. Easy come etc.

My next orphan to go is this 1962 Mercedes-Benz 220SE. It's ironic that a car that was so expensive and advanced in its day has very limited appeal now. I estimate that an EK in similar condition would be worth 2-3 times now.

I bought it with intentions of teaching myself to do some panel work and rust repairs but it is just too complex for my simple mind. The mechanical fuel injection system is really reliable until it starts playing up and mine is playing up. It is a maze of pipes, solenoids, vacuum hoses, electrical contacts and pumps. The diaphragm in the brake booster failed recently while I was driving it. Naturally the brakes needed more pressure to stop but I didn't expect the motor to rev like crazy which meant I really had to fight it get it to slow down. I reduced the revs by blocking off the vacuum hose but it's still not right.

Cheers
Mark
Attachments
100_0586.jpg
100_0586.jpg (110.78 KiB) Viewed 599 times
100_0585.jpg
100_0585.jpg (118.82 KiB) Viewed 599 times
WayneXG95
State: NSW

Re: The next one to go....

Post by WayneXG95 »

Another North Side delight, its on club plates, which club Mark? :wave:
Wayne Chambers
President
FB EK Holden Car Club of N.S.W
Big Daddy

Post by Big Daddy »

I'm a member of Pittwater Motor Enthusiasts Club (as well as a couple of others). Lost of different cars and bikes and a nice bunch of blokes. The Benz is now up in the shed of a hobby farm I have in Stroud. It's good to give it a long run every now and then. I'm bringing it down to Sydney soon.
WayneXG95
State: NSW

Post by WayneXG95 »

Pittwater, thats interesting, I was looking for years for Brian Hendersons Studebaker Hawk, he lived at Castlecraig, haven't heard of it?
Wayne
Wayne Chambers
President
FB EK Holden Car Club of N.S.W
Big Daddy

Post by Big Daddy »

Hi Wayne.

No, I haven't heard of Brian Henderson's Hawk. They were a cool looking car though.

Mark