rubber \ seals

If it doesn't fit below then post here and see if another FB EK fanatic can help you out.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

peterstacey
State: NOT ENTERED

rubber \ seals

Post by peterstacey »

Hi everyone
can someone tell what the difference is between inner and outer door seals. I thought that the EK only had one seal (AM I WRONG). I am about to have my car painted (the panelbeater removed all the seals, when repairing the doors) and was going to buy new seals, but the inners are for $18 on ebay and outer are for $60. are there 2 rubber for each door. and can any recomment a rubber supplyer. I know rare spare have them, there are other companys like betta auto rubbers (if you can get them to ring you back with a price that is or to take your money) as well as others that are on the internet.

thanks guys and girls
Blacky
State: WA

Re: rubber \ seals

Post by Blacky »

Theres a few suppliers for these , I have had a good run with the seals supplied by Rare Parts in Perth (08 9470 1117) , Stewart has just had good luck fitting Rare Spares seals which have had their fair share of bad press over the years , maybe they have redone them so they fit ????

Maybe PM Les on the forum , he is our resident Rare Spares tech guru.
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Trev
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: rubber \ seals

Post by Trev »

Yes there are 2 rubbers per door.
I have used rare spares and they were good, Trev.
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3