brake lines

Includes handbrake, cylinders, shoes, discs, rims and rubber.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

ekstevo
State: VIC

brake lines

Post by ekstevo »

ImageI'm in a bit of a rush I,ve got the brake fitter here and we're trying to work out where to put the brake lines anyone able to show me a few pics of how its done. It's going to have 4 wheel disks from a firewall mounted booster and master cylinder.
Thanks for your help.
Last edited by ekstevo on Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blacky
State: WA

Re: brake lines

Post by Blacky »

Are your calipers rear or front mounted ???? Bit hard to tell in your avatar, if rear mount the hard lines should run the same as stock ???
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
ekstevo

Post by ekstevo »

rear mounted but can't remember where the original went and would like to show the brake fitter a pic or 2 he normally works on trucks his hobby is old fords.
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

The best pic I could find at short notice ---- there is block mounted behind the steering box which is fed by the master, then theres one to each front and one to the diff.
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
ekstevo

Post by ekstevo »

Cheers blacky my mate the brake fitter looked at it for a while then decided he didn't bring the right pipe bender then drank all my beer.
Hes coming back next week to have another go anyone got any pics how you've run your brake lines please post them up so i can show ole mate of what other blokes have done.
Trev
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by Trev »

I didn't worry about how the stock lines went when I did mine, as long as it's neat and works :thumbsup: .
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3