Summernats 2013

Post dates and info on upcoming events, or pictures from events that have been on...

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

muza
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: Summernats 2013

Post by muza »

Man that hg prem is neat........on the outside anyway!!
Cheers for the pics :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
FB Holden Fernando Yellow/Arctic Beige flash
Stock as a rock
75 series Landcruiser 350 Chev
Not so stock
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

Thanks for the pics. :thumbsup:
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

Why would you go to all the trouble of building that '48-'54 Chev pickup and not have the rear wheels in the centre of the guards ???????

It looks POX :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

SunnyTim wrote:
Blacky wrote:Why would you go to all the trouble of building that '48-'54 Chev pickup and not have the rear wheels in the centre of the guards ???????

cheque book resto?
because it's airbagged and spends the majority of it's time down and the wheels are then in the correct position, allthough they could have used a better design so that doesn't happen considering where it was built and i'm pretty sure it was someone that works there's pickup so not nessisarilly cheque book

what is far worse looking is the difference in diameter of the front and back wheels (that's a pet hate of mine) but i wasn't standing around the truck much and heard it mentioned a couple of times
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Cal

Post by Cal »

Some very nice cars on display.. I'd be curious to see that turbo'ed Camaro, with the bonnet on. That inlet pipe poking through must look rather odd
Mick

Post by Mick »

here you go cal
all these big turboed things look a little odd with bits and peices sticking through the bonnet
the part i can't understand is OldMan's Lacky said the trimmer that did work for him also worked on this car, i can't understand someone building a car like this and still leaving it LHD to just about everybody that looks at it they're just gunna think it's another import :?

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Cal

Post by Cal »

Thanks Mick. Doesn't look too bad seeing as the turbos are pokong through too, so it gives some idea what the pipe's for

I hear the car that won grand champion is a diesel :shock:
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

Mick wrote:
SunnyTim wrote:
Blacky wrote:Why would you go to all the trouble of building that '48-'54 Chev pickup and not have the rear wheels in the centre of the guards ???????

cheque book resto?
because it's airbagged and spends the majority of it's time down and the wheels are then in the correct position, allthough they could have used a better design
They certainly could have , it must have the crappest 4 bar setup in history if it moves the wheels that much :roll: :roll: what are they , 6 inches long ?
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Coopa

Post by Coopa »

G8 pics THANKS :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Mick

Post by Mick »

Blacky wrote: because it's airbagged and spends the majority of it's time down and the wheels are then in the correct position, allthough they could have used a better design
They certainly could have , it must have the crappest 4 bar setup in history if it moves the wheels that much :roll: :roll: what are they , 6 inches long ?[/quote]

not sure but they kinda built there buisness on doing mini trucks this is actually on a rodeo chassis they had the super fancy unfinished EK from motorex the chop shop

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
OldMan's Lacky

Post by OldMan's Lacky »

No worries all :thumbsup:

One mistake I made - went on Sunday so missed the show'n'shine on Saturday. I thought the Classic Car's display would have been bigger/better. Oh well ...
SRVLIVES

Post by SRVLIVES »

Mick wrote:here you go cal
all these big turboed things look a little odd with bits and peices sticking through the bonnet
the part i can't understand is OldMan's Lacky said the trimmer that did work for him also worked on this car, i can't understand someone building a car like this and still leaving it LHD to just about everybody that looks at it they're just gunna think it's another import :?
Makes it easier to sell overseas after its done the show/magazine circuit
VooDoo
State: VIC

Post by VooDoo »

Awesome shots! :thumbsup:
Los Locos C.C.
http://www.facebook.com/loslocos.carclub