Lone Star Body Shop Open Day 2012 (pics)

Post dates and info on upcoming events, or pictures from events that have been on...

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

hewey
State: NOT ENTERED

Lone Star Body Shop Open Day 2012 (pics)

Post by hewey »

Today was the innaugral Annual Lone Star Body Shop Open Day. Okay I'm putting words in the boys mouths here, but I think there's a very good chance that this is going to become a regular event if the feedback from the crowd is anything to go by. The idea, like all good ideas, was born of a few frosted beverages about 3 weeks back or so, with one of the boys suggesting they do an open day. With that a thread was started on ozrodders and you next thing you know there's blokes from Mackay saying they're gonna fly down for it, and guys coming up from Wagga and Canberra and all sorts of far flung places.

The shop is located in Darkes Forest, which is about 10 minutes north of Bulli Pass and inland a bit. For those further afield, its on the north side of Wollongong. Some people had an interesting time finding the place, with reports of some people taking the scenic route via Port Kembla :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The shed sits on an apple orchard, which not means the view out the roller door is pretty sweet, but apparently there's always fresh apples at hand. It also makes a great backdrop for an impromptu show and shine :mrgreen: Turn out of cars was pretty good too, with a nice selection of rods on display.

Inside Stuart spent a bunch of time showing folks his work on equipment like the english wheel, pullmax, and the humble old tree stump. I think its way too easy to get caught up looking at workshops like this and feeling its never within your reach, so for poor bastards like me there something refreshing about seeing tools that include a hammer and a tree stump :lol: :lol: :lol: Of course Stuart, like any true artist who has spent years perfecting his craft, makes it look all too easy and simple!

A massive thanks for Stuart and the boys for opening the doors and putting on a great day, the Drag-Ens for the barbeque trailer, and Woody for the lucky door prize.

It was also great actually meet Harko in person after seeing his name online for a few years now :thumbsup:

So whens the next one guys? :mrgreen:

Stuart doing a demo on the english wheel
Pickup under construction in the shop. Check out the build thread on here
EK ute with hand painted sign writing was neat

Shop truck

Chev pickup was beautiful. First time seeing it in the flesh and it didnt dissapoint.

Turns raffling off the lucky door prize

More amazing metal work

Stuarts awesome Model A, the more you looked at this the more neat details you found.

The road the shop is on is pretty nice to cruise along :mrgreen:
Devilrod
State: VIC

Re: Lone Star Body Shop Open Day 2012 (pics)

Post by Devilrod »

Thanks for the pics Hewey looked like a good day out.
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.