HR Front end V8 springs

Includes shock absorbers, springs and steering linkages.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

ek amigo
State: NOT ENTERED

HR Front end V8 springs

Post by ek amigo »

I gave just worked out that my springs have compressed 40mm more than they would with a 6 now that i have added the extra weight of a V8. Does anybody know what springs to use when putting the extra weight of a V8 in. I already have 2 inch drop stubs so i Dont want to lower it any more.
fingers
State: VIC

Re: HR Front end V8 springs

Post by fingers »

Hey mate ..........talk to the guys from Pedders ..I got a HR CRS front end in my FJ ute with a 400 sbc with 2" drop axles ...they sold me a set of standard height springs for a V8 HK ................did the job just right .....hope they can help ..........Fingers
Don’t you find it Funny that after Monday(M) and Tuesday(T), the rest of the week says WTF?
ek amigo

Post by ek amigo »

hey fingers thanks for the tip , have put the hk v8 springs in and solved the problem , might be just a bees to high but they will probably compress a bit more as time goes by. how is the mighty Drouin ?, I remember driving through Drouin in the old days laying on the parcel shelf of my uncles custom liner , it used to take 4 hours from Sale to Melbourne in those days , cruising through the haunted hills and stopping somewhere for half a dozen steamed dim sims , ahh those were the days. love that front end of yours ,that's the way to do it. kia ora Peter
fingers

Post by fingers »

ek amigo wrote:hey fingers thanks for the tip , have put the hk v8 springs in and solved the problem , might be just a bees to high but they will probably compress a bit more as time goes by. how is the mighty Drouin ?, I remember driving through Drouin in the old days laying on the parcel shelf of my uncles custom liner , it used to take 4 hours from Sale to Melbourne in those days , cruising through the haunted hills and stopping somewhere for half a dozen steamed dim sims , ahh those were the days. love that front end of yours ,that's the way to do it. kia ora Peter
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Hey Mate ......I went to School in Sale and lived in Heyfield .....We used totravel up to Melbourne regularly and always stopped at a little fush and chup shop at a place called Picnic Point on the main High way to Sale ..very popular in the days of yore ..yep ,.probably the same shop .......Fungers Oops I mean Fingers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:
Don’t you find it Funny that after Monday(M) and Tuesday(T), the rest of the week says WTF?
ek amigo

Post by ek amigo »

choice kiwi accent there cuzzy , i have been here 16 years but every time i open my mouth they start making aussie jokes , which school in sale? i went to St pats , I played footy for boisdale-briag back in the day, those heyfield boys were always tough nuts.
fingers

Post by fingers »

ek amigo wrote:choice kiwi accent there cuzzy , i have been here 16 years but every time i open my mouth they start making aussie jokes , which school in sale? i went to St pats , I played footy for boisdale-briag back in the day, those heyfield boys were always tough nuts.
.......................................................................................................................................................
Hey Bro .......All my cuzzy,s went to St.Pats ..their names were Murhpy...I went to Sale Tech ........played footy for St.Micks in Heyfield ...Hey what year ya talking mate .....Fingers