Sydney Super Swap

Club Runs, meetings and other news for fans of FBs & EKs in N.S.W.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky, NSW Mod

Stygian
State: NSW

Re: Sydney Super Swap

Post by Stygian »

SunnyTim wrote:you roll up at 9 Andrew that'll be just fine :lol:
I bought a boot lamp kit from the last Bendigo swap meet and I wasn't even there :mrgreen:

Don't worry Tim, if I see you I promise I won't come up and say hello :lol:
FBeing
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by FBeing »

I want to go but kid number two due on Wednesday so I might have other things on
If I see you Tim I'll come and say hi :D
retro

Post by retro »

DID SOMEONE SAY SWAP MEET................ ILL BE THERE FRI NIGHT, SAT AND SUNDAY. lOADING TRAILER AND VANS TONIGHT.

Finally cleaned my garage and shed 1, now to find a sucker to buy.........

Nine oclock in the morning is way to late to turn up to a swap meet. The worst part is when people complain that they cant get parts or find any nasco items cheap........gotta be quick, and even quicker than old retro.

searching for torana parts anyhow.....
master of nothing, leader of nobody.
Mick

Post by Mick »

tim yor flying down ?
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Mick

Post by Mick »

that's cool
funny, i didn't think it was too bad either and never really went for a good look around but we never stopped hearing people complaining how sh!t it was, spose some people unless they can find that elusive part at a stupidly low price it's no good

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
wot179

Post by wot179 »

I had a good one too,bought plenty of shit that I dont need and came home penniless with a smile on my face. :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elwood: I bet these cops got SCMODS.
Jake: SCMODS?
Elwood: State County Municipal Offender Data System.

W.S.C.C.A.
St Marys chapter.
bootlegger

Post by bootlegger »

I got a couple of rechromed bumperettes. A nos ute tailpipe for ten bucks. A pair of nos eh headlight assemblies.
A set of really cool period 13 inch mags for $ 80.
A 50 s tin plate toy hydroplane.
A really clean ek bonnet and few other nick nacks.
I too spent all my money.
vmx-mxr

Post by vmx-mxr »

Great day out !

At the gate at 7 (that's my normal kick off time for work), most coin gone after only 50m inside with a great stash of mostly NOS stuff for FB EK. A few more well concealed NOS bits found and bought and a very repairable guard for stuff all (thanks Wayne).

Andrew, I don't do anywhere near the swaps I did back in my full on 'pre-kids days' scouring for and selling Ducati stuff before the latte trendies f****d another good brand but I still love getting in amongst all the mud and greasy shit, but more importantly you meet heaps of really good down to earth people with common interests who enjoy the same things as most of us on here do. The usual bric-a-brac sellers, ratbags and rogues as well, and they add another dimension to a fun morning.

I spoke to so many people I didn't know from 'Adam' as though I'd known them for years, including one guy who has some really useful contacts in the UK who built a bike frame of mine (Cheney) which was a prototype that NO ONE in Australia has a clue about and he is not only going to help me out getting information and contacts for me but I've scored some blasting work as well .

I'd park good lady wife and the eggs/salmon occasionally to do a swap or two, besides the Rotary egg and bacon rolls washed gone with a can of Coke are pretty flash and you don't have to mow the lawn after breakfast at the swap! Swaps aren't that bad and with evilpay getting more and more greedy with their charges some good stuff may well emerge like the old days! Now have you painted Edna yet?

Good on ya Tim for flying down - what's your best swap meet up in Qld ?

Very happy (poorer) swap buyer !!!

Dave Mac :D
Stygian

Post by Stygian »

vmx-mxr wrote:Now have you painted Edna yet?
Yep, she had her second coat two weeks ago. Just needs to be rubbed back with 800 and the third coat put on - probably 50% clear 50% colour with a dash of retardant (temperature permitting). Engine bay done in Clinker Grey - followed SunnyTim's advice and used GP thinners and no flattener - it looks great. Once that's done, engine and gearbox go in, tailshaft installed and wiring loom fitted. Then Eric comes over to run it in.
BF Goodrich Silverton 2 & 1/4 inch wide whitewall tyres arrive tomorrow and these are going on the redrilled 14 inch Rocket rims... should look quite good with the Tasman caps.
bootlegger

Post by bootlegger »

It was nice to catch up with you to tim.
Yeah I saw the timber boat. It was in great condition and cheap but I'm real specific in what I'm looking for in antique boats. I'm a bit like steve when it comes to them. Looks like I've just bought another repco powered racer from the sixties.
It still holds a record. 108 mph. Not bad for a grey.
rustysdungers

Post by rustysdungers »

Has it got a motor in it if so we need to talk :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Where were you in '62???
bootlegger

Post by bootlegger »

Russell I told you money doesnt last long with me. (dont worry ive still got a bit left to give you :ewink: )
Mick

Post by Mick »

SunnyTim wrote:
vmx-mxr wrote:Great day out !

Good on ya Tim for flying down - what's your best swap meet up in Qld ?

Very happy (poorer) swap buyer !!!

Toowoomba Swap, its about 3-4 times the size of this swap, and I usually get about 3 to 4 times more stuff at Sydney Super :lol:
Yep I usually fly to Bendigo, Ballarat, Sydney and one other per year. All the rest closer to home I drive an oldie to :thumbsup:
Great weekend away with the lads, and always nice to catch up with a few people too.
you going to ballarat this weekend ?

that f#%kin' boat saw it and thought that's kool but i won't even ask the price it'll be out of my price range, was telling a guy i was gunna steel his grey powered wooden boat today as he's doing nothing with it and he said why didn't you buy the one at the swap ? i said i thought it would have been to dear, he said nah $3500 and you probly would have got it for $2500 :x :( still didn't have that money but i probly could have made it happen if i had known :(

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
bootlegger

Post by bootlegger »

Mick Ive got the guys number if you want it. I doubt it sold at the swap. He is only at Cambrodge Park. I can bring it home to my place if you want until you want to pick it up.
Mick

Post by Mick »

bootlegger wrote:Mick Ive got the guys number if you want it. I doubt it sold at the swap. He is only at Cambrodge Park. I can bring it home to my place if you want until you want to pick it up.
i'm very tempted but i think it would mean selling the van for sure and i'm not posative i want to do that :oops: :?

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter