EK Special Colour Help

If it doesn't fit below then post here and see if another FB EK fanatic can help you out.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

mpeck83
State: NOT ENTERED

EK Special Colour Help

Post by mpeck83 »

Hi guy,
I have finally brought my favourite car since I was 10 years old (I am now 29), a Red 1962 EK Special Sedan with a white roof. I was hoping to get some info about the ID plate, after doing some research on your website I have come to realise that my EK originally was Cameo Beige with a Dusk Plum roof if someone could confirm that for me and decipher the rest of my ID Plate for me that would be great. The previous owner assures me the car has not been restored in anyway and that it is originally red with a white roof and I cannot find any sign of Cameo Beige anywhere. The dash, the doors , the door jams and under the dash is all red so I am a little confused on what the original colour is. Even if Cameo Beige is the original colour for it I still want to paint it Red with a white roof but can’t find the name or colour code for the colour I want to paint it. I have added a photo of what I want my EK to look like after its full resto so if anyone knows the colour combination and code for the paint and the matching interior that would have gone along with the red and white roof combination that would be really helpful.

My plans for the EK are a full restoration and trying to bring it back as original as I possibly can. I realise that if I paint it red and white it will not match the ID plate but if I paint it with an original red and white combo with a matching interior only the trained eye will notice. It has a red 186 and a 4 speed floor shift manual which I will hopefully be replace with a grey motor and column shift manual (as I said I want it to be as original as possible). If anyone knows of anyone selling a motor and gear box please let me know.
My ID Plate: BODY = EK/225-7764m
TRIM = 716-965
PAINT = 585-0235
INSERT = BLANK
TOP = 585-0237
Thanks for any advice, Matty.
Attachments
EKHolden02.jpg
EKHolden02.jpg (70.99 KiB) Viewed 686 times
mr.jones

Re: EK Special Colour Help

Post by mr.jones »

It may be as simple as the body plate has been swapped.

What is the interior currently? This is 965 as per the plate http://gallery.oldholden.com/Mr_Jones/F ... sa+Maroon/

For a red car the interior should be 964 http://gallery.oldholden.com/Mr_Jones/F ... hens+Grey/

Whatever you go with, remember it's your car you have to live with it not any of us.
WayneXG95
State: NSW

Post by WayneXG95 »

Good day Matt
Nice to see another restorer, I'm doing the same thing in regards to the motor. :D
You should find one down there, Just got mine back from the body shop after they replaced the transmission tunnel. (no comment) :evil:
Paint it whatever ya like mate that's what I'm doing mine was a horrible dark gray, changing it to green and white :thumbsup:

You can see mine here

http://www.fbekholden.com/forum/viewtop ... 11&t=15459

Take a pic of the plate and body number on the inside guard and paste it here

http://www.fbekholden.com/forum/viewtop ... &start=825

Cheers
Wayne Chambers
President
FB EK Holden Car Club of N.S.W
mpeck83

Post by mpeck83 »

Thanks for your feed back so far guys, here are some photos of my EK.
Do you know what the name and colour code would be for the red and white that the EK in my first post would be?
Attachments
IMG_0137.JPG
IMG_0137.JPG (61.78 KiB) Viewed 665 times
small pic2.jpg
small pic2.jpg (62.22 KiB) Viewed 665 times
Interior.jpg
Interior.jpg (68.26 KiB) Viewed 665 times
Small pic.jpg
Small pic.jpg (32.7 KiB) Viewed 665 times