Seatbelt installation to EK Wagon??

Includes seating, upholstery, door trims, dashboard and heater.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

dodge68
State: WA

Seatbelt installation to EK Wagon??

Post by dodge68 »

I'm fitting HR Holden seat belts to my wagon & looking for any ideas for rear installation. The ones I've seen look a bit ugly, so I'm hoping there's a few options??
Thanks
FB EK Holden Car Club of QLD
Harv
State: NSW

Re: Seatbelt installation to EK Wagon??

Post by Harv »

There's a few options. The lower mounting points are easier, as there is a fair amount of room to put reinforcing plates under the floor. The tougher bit is the upper mounting point for the 3-ppoint (lap/sash) belts.

Ed Ho did an FE wagon that used XD Falcon retractables, mounted up on the rear wheel wells. The upper mounts were buried in the C-pillars by inserting a reinforcing plate then welding the pillar back up again (very neat!).

My EK wagon has (had) 3-point non-retractables, with the upper mounting point "Frankensteined" through the area adjacent to the C-pillar. I'm not a fan of Frankensteined bolts - they look a bit ugly (IMHO) and the surface area that the bolt pulls on is pretty small.

Some guys have mounted a bar behind the rear seat that stretched the full width of the vehicle, then the uppers off that.

Take a search through the forum, from memory wagon belts were covered about a year ago.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
dodge68
State: WA

Post by dodge68 »

Thanks Harv,
I'm fitting 3 point non retractable belts as well. I'll have another search through the forum.
Cheers
Griffo
FB EK Holden Car Club of QLD
Trev
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by Trev »

[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3