Front end alignment???

Includes shock absorbers, springs and steering linkages.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

erica
State: NOT ENTERED

Front end alignment???

Post by erica »

Just got the HR front end in my ute and now need to get a front end alignment. Does anyone recomend anyone in the west of Melbourne?
Aussie Bob

Re: Front end alignment???

Post by Aussie Bob »

Can't help you there Erica, maybe some of the Vic lads will post some suggestions.

Steve
ben

Post by ben »

When you chose a shop, make sure they give you before and after alignment reports. Although toe-in is easy to setup (2-3mm toe in) a lot of hr front ends have been pulled apart etc etc and to reset the camber shims are required to achieve around 0-1deg camber.
erica

Post by erica »

Well guys i ended up going to Pedders in Hoppers Crossing and can advise everyone in Melbourne not to go there! I had my front end put in at Monaro Performance, as he is a mate, and drove the car on the Ring road, doing a hundred to my place in Newport no problem at all. Then out to Hoppers doing the speed limit again and no problem. After they had done the alignment i picked it up and headed for home. Going down the on ramp to the freeway there was a shudder in the front end so i pulled over. On inspection they had not done up the wheel nuts. After ringing him on the side of the road he blamed my mate at Monaro claiming he didn't have the wheels off! After telling him that the car had performed perfectly untill now he said that it was not his problem and hung up. Not even a sorry or can i come and give you a hand! i'm never going back and won't be recomending them to anyone!!!!
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

That's disgraceful, complain to Pedders Head office! I'd check to make sure they actually did anything.....other than pull a wheel off. Not that you need too to do a front end alignment :shock:
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
Trev

Post by Trev »

Great customer service :shock:
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
blue ute

Post by blue ute »

:shock: :shock: "No Bull"
The only reason for time is so everything dosen't happen at once.
If Macca's home delivered there'd be one less drunk on the road.