bellhousing to shifter lengths- OZ- 4 spd and Celica 5 spd

Includes clutch, transmission, propeller shaft,
universal joints, differential and rear axle.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

reddo
State: NOT ENTERED

bellhousing to shifter lengths- OZ- 4 spd and Celica 5 spd

Post by reddo »

Hi Guys.

Can someone tell me the length from the front face of the bellhousing to the centre of shifter on ..
A: Aussie 4 speed??
B: Celica steel 5 speed??

I'm looking at doing a conversion from an existing Aus 4 speed to celica 5 speed and i was wandering if i will get away with existing hole in floor and console. :roll:

I have never done this swap before but i seem to remember someone telling me that the Jappo box shifter sits about 50mm further back than the aussie 4 spd.

No big deal to cut another hole in the Trans hump but a shame to have to throw out a good tidy converted console that suits the 4 speed. :cry:

Reddo
Holden .. australian car for australian conditions.....partyin', drinkin' ,cruisin' and rootin'
mrs ratbox

Post by mrs ratbox »

i think they can go in different positions :? i looked at an FE that had the shift come up just in front of the bench seat i just put one in an EK wagon and no way it was in front of the seat but it had a dellow peice where the shift goes in the box, which i think was in the aussie 4 speed position, as rough measurments from bellhousing to back of box were 25" for the aussie and 26" for the celica, the aussie shift sits pretty much on the back of the box and the shift on my celica box sits a bit forward of the end of the box