Leroy the EK Ute

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

thebrotherj
State: NSW

Re: Leroy the EK Ute

Post by thebrotherj »

Yep, I think you're all right: there's no way 'round it. I sent the MIG up to my brother's place a while back, sounds like I found a reason to pay him a visit!

Thanks brains trust :thumbsup:
thebrotherj

Post by thebrotherj »

EK283 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:26 pm Or you could find another window ?

That chev motor up for sale yet Joe ???

Greg
Ha! No it's still part of a greater plan I'm afraid. But I'll let you know if that ever changes 8)
60Special
State: WA

Post by 60Special »

I’ve just done mine. Covered the glass and tint with a sheet of steel and added a couple of tacks with the mig. Keep a wet rag handy to cool. Mine only had two small spot welds from factory. It will never come off again.
thebrotherj

Post by thebrotherj »

Thought I'd revive this old build thread to bring attention to Leroy, my EK Ute... that I will be putting up for sale soon.

Tough decision to be sure, I had lunch with Jodie (widow of Bill, Leroy's owner from 1982 - 2017) and she has given me her blessing.

Now, I've seen the prices folks are asking for EK Utes out there and to be sure, this car could never command those prices given the fibreglass and filler and the less-than-factory looking rust repairs I have done on the undercarriage.

Have a browse through this thread and you'll see what I mean, though I'll say it's all intact and sails through pink slip inspections each year at my mechanic. Mechanically, I left no stone unturned and as far as driving goes, it has proven to be a very very reliable and capable machine. A visually rough but dependable workhorse.

I hate selling cars, so I'm posting here first in the hope that I might avoid the pure hell of speculators on Facebook Marketplace and Gumtree etc... We all know how that goes.

Happy to answer questions.
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Too bad joe. Good luck with the sale.

FB ute driver, EK van project

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie