A couple of recent finds

If it doesn't fit below then post here and see if another FB EK fanatic can help you out.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

texmorton
State: VIC

A couple of recent finds

Post by texmorton »

G'day all,

recently scouted a couple of wrecks; not many left around the area but actively searching.

First is a FB wagon that yielded some good parts; demister vents, heater control, foot operated washer pump and what I think is an FE FC high note horn. There was also an FB P-van there but too far gone to be of any real value with not a lot on it worth getting.

I could just see a car off the road up on a hill not far away but too far away to identify. I took my binoculars back next time and was stunned to see an FE sitting there with a Detroit flash kit on it. On contacting the landowner and having a look (body number 8 4409M) half the trim was there and the car was fairly complete so stripped it out last weekend. I already have an FE wreck with fairly complete Detroit kit on it but a few bits bent and dinged peices so I was stoked to pick up a few more for the eventual restoration of me other FE sedan. Keep at it. Al
Attachments
DSC_0095.JPG
DSC_0095.JPG (77.69 KiB) Viewed 1547 times
DSC_0043.JPG
DSC_0043.JPG (148.19 KiB) Viewed 1547 times
IMG_20150402_115252.jpg
IMG_20150402_115252.jpg (119.24 KiB) Viewed 1547 times
IMG_20150402_115945.jpg
IMG_20150402_115945.jpg (138.75 KiB) Viewed 1547 times
Cocko750
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: A couple of recent finds

Post by Cocko750 »

Hey Tex , was looking at your photos and the van has a sun visor wondering if you were able to get the side brackets or even just the main roof one as years ago before I new there was a difference gave a mate the one off the wife's van he said it took some heating and bending but he made it fit his ute ,any way have a sedan one but no brackets to fit it to the van so let me know if possible.
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

yep - theres heaps of good bits there, what is the bonnet bar and overriders like on the FB ???
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
texmorton

Post by texmorton »

G'day,

Cocko, I grabbed the visor brackets as needed them for my own vehicle (no warmaride embossed on the left? hand side one so assume it is a cheaper one for commercial vehicle), the visor and mounting brackets were not worth taking as rusted beyond redemption like the rest of the vehicle.

The FB wagon is slowly being digested in my back yard, the bonnet bar and over-riders are rooted as you would expect as the body is so far gone it is ready to fall in half. Do not fear, nothing will go to waste as I see great value in anything that is not rusted to badly for the future upkeep of my own fleet. The wagon would have been a nice vehicle in its day with heater, vacuum washer, reverse lights, and handbrake warning light fitted.

Keep at it. Al
60Special
State: WA

Post by 60Special »

I like the heavy duty chassis kit next to the FB wagon.
:lol: :lol:
In the Shed
State: SA

Post by In the Shed »

60Special wrote:I like the heavy duty chassis kit next to the FB wagon.
:lol: :lol:
Nice one! :lol:
A day in the shed beats a day at work!
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

I reckon dad's FC had that same flash kit. I always remember the car as being red, white and blue which I have never seen since. Then again I would have been six at the time. Car was replaced by white on blue HD special. Then Spanish red HT Kingswood. Dads old mate was an accountant at GMH Elizabeth and used to source him the executive cars. I remember going with dad to collect the metallic green HQ premier 253 trimatic that replaced the HT. After that he went to the dark side and bought a Lancia! Apology for hijacking the thread but I have always wondered about the three tone FC. To complete the story dads first car was an "FX with FJ running gear".
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
texmorton

Post by texmorton »

G'day Tim,

Unfortunately the handbrake warning light is all gone, somebody beat me too it; I would have liked to get that one as yes rare. Does anyone have a picture of what the insert looks like so I can keep my eye out, never seen one.

Al
kel3629

Post by kel3629 »

Didn't get the guard spears off the van by any chance?
Kel