Out of the Past pt6 - Laced Mild Custom Two Door

Have you spotted any FB's or EK's we haven't seen before. Post your pics here.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

trevmc62
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by trevmc62 »

this car brings to mind one song..........dadadadadadadada batman
Brown Bear

Post by Brown Bear »

I've also gone the f*&!on tail light conversion, though mine are canted at 45 degrees for a slightly different look.

I reckon they look great, but there's always a smart ass to remind you of what they came off....

I've toyed with the idea of inserting extra vertical chrome strips to the FB grill and spacing the grille and indicators forward by about an inch for a much more 'toothy' look - maybe it's been done before?
On safari

Member of FB EK Holden Car Club of NSW Inc.
Blacky
State: WA

Re: Out of the Past pt6 - Laced Mild Custom Two Door

Post by Blacky »

Just found this old mag at work in one of my old piles of stuff - Thommo you still missing this issue ?

When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
wot179

Post by wot179 »

I need a few to fill out my collection if you have others to unload,Blacky.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elwood: I bet these cops got SCMODS.
Jake: SCMODS?
Elwood: State County Municipal Offender Data System.

W.S.C.C.A.
St Marys chapter.
BS

Post by BS »

I wonder if this car ended up becoming Adrian Kelly's chevolution. Ive always wanted to find out the history of that car. Adrian ended up gettin a few national drag racing titles down the track too.
BS

Post by BS »

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342175540.801629.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342175540.801629.jpg (78.54 KiB) Viewed 1439 times
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

wot179 wrote:I need a few to fill out my collection if you have others to unload,Blacky.
This is the only one I have WOT , all my magazines ( pre '88 at least ) including a full set of Van Wheels got thrown out after I moved to WA. The old man had paper shop and I used to work there and get paid in magazines - I had millions of 'em :(

I found this thread and noticed Thommo was missing this one - if he has since found it and doesnt need it its yours if you want it.
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
wot179

Post by wot179 »

Thanks anyway,Thommo,but I have that one.

Geeze.....chucking out VanWheels.....what sort of heathen would do that!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elwood: I bet these cops got SCMODS.
Jake: SCMODS?
Elwood: State County Municipal Offender Data System.

W.S.C.C.A.
St Marys chapter.
Thommo

Post by Thommo »

I do have that one now Blacky, thanks for the offer :wink:
Smooth customs

Post by Smooth customs »

I have a couple of photos of it in the mid 60's when it was painted lemon yellow, Somewhere?
BS

Post by BS »

If you find then Paul chuck them up. I've always wanted to find out about this thing. I only discovered this thread last night seeing it in the early custom form (if it's the same car)

Kinda hard to get info on. From what I have found after a few national prostock titles Adrian walked away from the car scene altogether.

His brother and sister (who was also a national body building champ) were pretty involved in the Australian motorcycle racing scene. Something about this car that I like.
Smooth customs

Post by Smooth customs »

BS wrote:If you find then Paul chuck them up. I've always wanted to find out about this thing. I only discovered this thread last night seeing it in the early custom form (if it's the same car)

Kinda hard to get info on. From what I have found after a few national prostock titles Adrian walked away from the car scene altogether.

His brother and sister (who was also a national body building champ) were pretty involved in the Australian motorcycle racing scene. Something about this car that I like.

Will do when I find them
Am also looking for an other photo taken about 12 years ago. A towie that did all my work called in with a two doored FB EK drag car on the back. Told me it had a long history in Queensland.
Dont hold your breath, my photo collection is extensive and is boxed away in the garage at the moment
BS

Post by BS »

All good. Would love to find out the fate of this thing
Sputzwagon

Post by Sputzwagon »

Smooth customs wrote:Dont hold your breath, my photo collection is extensive and is boxed away in the garage at the moment
I've seen Paul's home garage..(not any room for cars..just boxes & boxes of "STUFF", even the introduction of a huge shed out back won't fix this GOLD MINE! :shock: )..so a long wait is in order!! :wink: :lol: :lol:

Scotty.
[img]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg211/scottyharrod/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No 2
Sputzwagon

Re:

Post by Sputzwagon »

space ace wrote:I did the same tail light custom to my FB in the 80's :lol:
Great FB that was, Pete. :thumbsup: Although that's a pretty rough mural on the boot..If I did something like that I'de say sorry!!
(so for what it's worth...I"M SORRY....& yes I did it!! :oops:
..early days of learning airbrush & mates that trust you too much!! A bad MIX! :oops: :oops: :roll: :lol: :lol:

Scotty.
[img]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg211/scottyharrod/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No 2